Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 days ago
Apps Support Sr Analyst
Are you highly motivated, enjoy solving problems, and love taking on new challenges?
Are you passionate about learning and is always looking to improve?
Are you excited to learn more about financial products?
Great news, we might have an exciting career opportunity for you!
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
We are seeking a Support Analyst within the Global Spread Products (GSP) Production support organization. The successful candidate will work out of Belfast; in the UK. The team is responsible for supporting a wide range of in-house developed applications used by GSP business users across the globe. The core responsibility of the team is to provide first and second line support for business, middle office and operations users for technology issues, owning issues through to resolution. The team is required both to investigate issues directly, as well as guide colleagues in the support function and development teams.
Global Spread Products (GSP) is a division within Markets and Securities Services that covers Municipal bonds, Corporate bonds, Mortgage-backed securities and other securitized products, and Credit products.
Our support team is responsible for supporting all applications under GSP globally in our organization.
Role / Position Overview
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for a new challenge, we have an incredible career opportunity.
In this role, you will liaise closely with your colleagues in Mississauga-Canada and New York, London, Shanghai and Hong Kong to ensure all our applications are in a stable state. We provide 24 X 5, coverage. You will be required to provide on-site cover between the hours or 07:00 and 19:30 to cover business start-up and close, and any additional demands of the business. Also, you are expected to provide weekend coverage on a rotational basis to support releases cycles, and participate in disaster recovery testing.
• Work closely with L1/L2 support, development teams, infrastructure teams and the GSP business to determine strategy and priorities, and to ensure the team is meeting business requirements and communicates progress effectively to all partners.
• Perform start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
• Perform same day risk reconciliations.
• Perform Batch Support
• Effectively raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
• Build and maintain technical comprehensive support documentation.
• Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
• Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
• Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
• Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, People, and Effectiveness initiatives.
• Cooperate with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
• Ensure all you track all productions issues and update based on the Support team policies and procedures.
• Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams.
• Experience of hands-on application support
• Technical skills such as SQL, UNIX shell scripting (Python experience a plus)
• Familiarity with Autosys Scheduling and Oracle stored procedures
• Experience in application monitoring (ITRS monitoring experience a plus)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under extreme pressure with incomplete information
• Experience of working with global teams
• Knowledge of Fixed Income Business will be an advantage
• The successful candidate will be required to communicate with disparate technology and business groups in other countries/regions/time-zones on a regular basis, therefore excellent communication skills and cultural awareness are essential
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
• Business knowledge/ understanding of fixed Income Markets and products.
• Experience with Messaging Technologies (TIBCO EMS)
• Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Netagent.
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools such as ServiceNow
• Good all-round PC skills. (I.e. Windows OS / Networks / General Hardware)
Application Support Experience:
• Extensive years of strong Application production support experience in the financial industry
• Experience using call/ticketing software
• Extensive years of experience
• Good SQL experience in any of the RDBMS.
• Autosys / CONTROL-M or other schedulers will be of added advantage.
• UNIX shell scripting or any scripting technology
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
• Experience using/troubleshooting Office with emphasis on Word, Excel.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher with technology major
• Hands on support experience with automation skills preferred
If you are exceptional, but do not meet this criteria, you may be considered for the role if you possess the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer (Specific per region)
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus, Citi offer:
• 22 days paid annual leave
• Award-winning pension scheme,
• Life insurance, and
• Private medical insurance.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customize your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer