Location UK / Dungannon Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
We are recruiting an: Application Support Analyst
JOB OBJECTIVE / ROLE DEFINITION
The key objective of the position is to provide software support to respective business functions/departments:
1. Provide 1st line software support for company ERP/Factory software and in-house applications
2. Support the implementation and deployment of new business systems.
3. Support the upgrade and maintenance of existing systems.
4. Develop SSRS reports as required
5. Act as contact point between system provider and business functions/departments.
6. Responsible for ongoing exploitation and business value realization of systems
• Provide 1st level Help Desk support for all systems within his/her remit.
• Applying a high level of Technical and Application knowledge to diagnose and resolve customer problems/queries.
• Use tools like SQL Management Studio, and available application tools to interrogate the systems, diagnose and resolve problems.
• Ensure all calls are resolved within SLA.
• Assume key point of contact between business/function representative and system provider.
• Form part of the IT On Call Rota
• Support business readiness for deployment.
• Support system acceptance testing during software releases.
• Manage system requirements and business testing during testing phases.
Project Based Activities:
• Actively contribute to system design during business process change development.
• Asset in testing & deployment of new business functionality.
EDUCATION AND/OR SKILLS/EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• 3rd Level education in computer related discipline
• 1 years’ experience using SQL Databases
• SQL Reporting Services Experience
• Ability to learn, understand and support new applications
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, results focused, able to work on own initiative and as part of a busy team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to explain technical issues in layman’s terms. Includes both oral and written communication skills
• Previous experience of Customer Service / Support in an application support environment
• Previous experience working in Manufacturing / FMCG environment
• Visual Studio C#/VB .NET development experience
• Web Services experience
• Power BI experience
OTHER INFORMATION PERTINENT TO THE POSITION
• Job is located at Head Office Dungannon
• The above accountabilities are not exhaustive and you may be required at the Company’s discretion to undertake other duties from time to time