McQuillan Companies is an NI family owned business which incorporates a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, highway maintenance, quarrying, waste management, outdoor cleaning and winter services.
McQuillan Environmental is a multi site Waste and Resource Management organisation serving all industrial and public sectors.
McQuillan Envirocare operate one of Ireland’s most advanced Hazardous Waste Management facilities with chemist managed Hazardous Waste Transfer Station, bespoke Chemical Treatment Facility and soil treatment plant all on site.
We currently have an opening for a Waste Analysyt based at our Antrim site.
The purpose of this role is to perform varied analysis of waste samples as required for the treatment and disposal of waste streams during the day to day operation of the CTF, to ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of work meets the specified standards.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure that all lab equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner to meet pre-defined parameters as required by the CTF. Methods include but are not restricted to pH, flash point, Karl Fischer and colorimetric methods
- Ensure all glassware/plasticware is clean and prepared for analysis
- Label, store and dispose of samples as per standard operating procedure
- Ensure that test materials are analysed in accordance with agreed methods and are approved or rejected according to the results of analysis in conjunction with the supervisor
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Ensure that tasks are scheduled to provide accurate and timely service to support production and business requirements
- Ensure that analytical methods are accurately transferred to the team of analysts and appropriate training occurs in a timely manner
- Assist with the identification of alternative test methods and/or equipment to improve efficiency and maximise throughput of the testing lab
For a more detailed job description, please contact the HR Department on 02892 668831.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade C and above with at least 1 Science discipline
- Experience in an Environmental Analytical lab would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of lab techniques and equipment
- Excellent communication skills with high levels of English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer literate
Working hours are 8am to 5pm.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23 November