Excellent opportunity for Visitor Attraction Experience Manager based in Belfast.
Visitor Attraction Experience Manager
HOURS: Full Time – Annualised Hours
(based on an average of 40-hour week)
This position requires working across each day of the week and at various times of the day as per rota.
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast Building & SS Nomadic
REPORTING TO: Visitor Attraction Manager
Titanic Belfast, named ‘World’s Leading Tourist Attraction’ at the prestigious World Travel Awards, 2016, is searching for a Visitor Attraction Experience Manager. This role requires an individual who is creative, passionate and has infectious enthusiasm for the task at hand. The successful candidate must have the ability to take a story, to interpret and present it in a way which leaves a lasting impression on our guests.
The successful candidate will inspire, lead, develop and support Titanic Belfast’s Visitor Experience Team, in the delivery of a compelling, memorable and unique visitor experience for all visitors To Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic. Utilising a wide range of customer feedback methods, along with industry insights, the Visitor Attraction Experience Manager will through continual improvement strategies refine the visitor experience and develop the product offering ensuring that Titanic Belfast sustains its position as a World Class Leading Visitor Attraction.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To lead and motivate the Visitor Experience Team ensuring an environment where passion and creativity within the crew and wider team is encouraged and staff are empowered to be part of the overall development of both our story lines and our customer interactions.
- To ensure the overall welfare of the Visitor Experience Team is at the heart of the team culture
- To be Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic’s Visitor Experience Champion and encourage a culture which delivers exceptional customer experiences accessible to all.
- To implement the customer care, guest interactions, crew and building presentational standards at Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic
- To put in place robust processes, procedures, checks and staffing arrangements to ensure these standards are continually met.
- Deliver Titanic Belfast’s staff training including in-house customer service programme “5 Skills for 5*” ensuring delivery styles are dynamic and engaging and content evolves to meet the needs of our guests while supporting the development of our staff.
- Work with the Retail, Ticketing and Outlets Managers to ensure retail, ticketing and catering operations also meet the defined customer service standards and staff outside of the VE Team are encouraged to extend the story telling, supporting the vision of an immersive experience from arrival to departure.
- To work with key Managers to ensure recruitment, assessment and induction strategies deliver the skills, qualities and One Team approach that are required to work within the Visitor Experience Team and deliver our high standard of service.
- One of the key managers responsible for the safety of visitors, staff and attractions through the implementation of agreed health, safety and security procedures and strategies.
- To enable effective communications across the Visitor Experience Team providing opportunity for staff feedback and ensuring staff wellbeing especially during High Season.
- Through our connections in ALVA and AVEA, support the Visitor Attraction Manager to develop links with other attractions and museums, sharing advice and best practice and keeping up to date with Industry trends and customer preferences and use these insights to develop products and services and inform business planning.
- Act as a Duty Manager for the Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic Visitor Experience on a Rota basis.
- One of the key managers responsible for staff management processes such as sickness and absence, return to work interviews, performance appraisals and creation of personal development action plans for direct reports
- In One of the key managers responsible for creating, monitoring and reviewing standard operating processes and risk assessments for the Visitor Experience department.
- To assist on all access issues, including disability and equality of access.
- Compliance with Titanic Belfast Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health & Safety culture
- To carry out any other duties as required in line with the operation of the Visitor Attraction.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience in a relevant industry or sector, preferably within a visitor attraction.
- A 3rd level qualification in Tourism, Events Management or related discipline.
- Experience in the creation, training and delivery of experiential and engaging events and programmes.
- Understanding of health, safety and security regulations and how they affect a large public venue.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Financial awareness and experience of business and financial management processes.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Experience of managing a large venue.
- Experience of managing creative projects i.e. events, tours, products.
NB: Titanic Belfast reserve the right to enhance the criteria to assist in shortlisting.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 am (midnight) on Friday 16th November 2018.
Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
If you wish to apply for the position, please click the APPLY NOW button to visit our recruitment site.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage and each stage thereafter the following dates will apply:
- Assessment centre to be held on Friday 23rd November 2018
- Individual interview to be held on Wednesday 28th November 2018
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.