Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 2 days ago
An extremely exciting opportunity has arisen at our Belfast Bakery to join our VMU team as a VMU Co-ordinator. We are seeking an ambitious, driven and determined individual to join our VMU team.
Position: VEHICLE MAINTENANCE UNIT CO ORDINATOR – SHIFT
To help the VMU Manager lead, motivate and develop the VMU team in meeting the needs of our customers by providing safe, timely and efficient vehicle maintenance support in line with budget cost restraints whilst ensuring that the operational demands of the fleet are met with minimal impact on vehicle downtime and that all legal requirements under our Operator Licence are met.
• Clear Compliance with Health & Safety at Work (NI) Order ensuring your own and others personal safety.
• Driving engagement of the VMU team in all H&S matters ensuring that VMU personnel fully comply with the site safety policy and all legal & statutory requirements.
• Ensuring that Daily, Weekly & Periodic H&S Audits are carried out within the VMU and that any issues raised are dealt with promptly. Ensure full adherence with the ‘Clean as you go’ policy within the VMU thus ensuring work areas are always kept in a clean and tidy condition.
• Controlling and auditing all VMU contractors working on site, ensuring that they are fully aware of all potential hazards and fully compliant with the contractors Health & Safety policy.
• Ensuring that all substances which may pose a threat to environmental safety are properly controlled and disposed off in line with company and legislative environmental policy.
• Ensuring that all VMU personnel inspect, repair and service all fleet vehicles in line with manufacturers’ guidelines and company policy. All work is to be inspected to the standards laid down in the Heavy Goods Vehicle Inspection Manual and the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that regular, recorded quality inspections are carried out on 25% of all completed work.
• Ensuring that all VMU technicians complete vehicle maintenance documentation accurately and on time, every time.
• Maintain optimum stock levels within the VMU ensuring that vehicle spares, fuel and lubricants usage is reviewed regularly and that proactive action is taken to identify new stock requirements and under-utilized stock, thus ensuring vehicle downtime is kept to an absolute minimum.
• Provide a two-way communication link between VMU Manager and VMU Team and actively support the VMU Manager in the resolution and investigation of all grievances and disciplinary issues.
• Qualifications and Experience:
*City & Guilds Level 2 Advanced Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Groups A2 & B2 preferable but not mandatory).
*2 years’ experience of working as a vehicle technician within a commercial vehicles maintenance environment.
*Ability to work conscientiously whether alone or within a team.
*2 years experience of supervising within a commercial vehicles maintenance environment.
*City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Groups A2 & B2 preferable but not mandatory).
*C+E license holder.
*Health & Safety Competence Training (e.g. NEBOSH)
To Apply: www.alliedjobs.co.uk Closing Date: 16th November 2018