Excellent opportunity for a Trainee Quality Technician based in Mallusk.
Trainee Quality Technician – TQA1-18
Based at Mallusk reporting to the Quality Manager this is a permanent position.
Hours of work – 8.15am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.15am to 2:45pm on Friday with 30 minutes for lunch.
Salary – £18-£20k DOE
Responsible to: Quality Manager
Main Purpose: To carry out all inspection, testing, recording, auditing and reporting required by the Quality Assurance Systems at Mallusk, to advise production departments of anomalies and nonconformities and to assist in corrective actions. To carry out a key role in quality improvement programs and develop and encourage quality improvement tools in cooperation with other departments.
Main tasks and duties
- Carry out Quality Assurance inspections / audits to “spot check” on the various systems, highlighting any non-conformities found, and applying special emphasis to areas where problems seem most prevalent.
- Conduct necessary quality inspections using appropriate equipment and techniques;
- Assist with problem solving- root cause analysis – corrective actions.
- Ensure Brett Martin products are in compliance with required specifications;
- Have a working knowledge of how to create product codes, implement, control and update the issue of product specifications.
- Maintain accurate documentation of quality inspection results;
- Ensure that all prescribed testing and measurement results, carried out by Operators are entered on the relevant records and enter Quality Assurance records where required;
- Record all results and observations of all test room results as required;
- Issue the relevant record sheets for the product under manufacture to production areas;
- Operate, conduct and record a Quality audit system to the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 certification.
Testing and analysis
- Perform tests on established materials, development and competitors products, using recognized methods such as colour testing or heat stability.
- Control all aspects of prescribed Quality Assurance testing in the test facility or in the various Quality Centres.
- Control and assist in testing, evaluation and assessment of new products;
- Assist in the testing of customer complaints submitted by the Complaints Co-coordinator which require investigation to what went wrong and the formulation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Control and assist in all aspects of calibration and maintenance of all inspection and testing equipment.
After suitable training the job holder will be required:
- In conjunction with the Quality Manager and the production departments devise and implement suitable training and verification schemes to meet the needs of production personnel.
- Assist in the training and validation of production personnel in Brett Martin QMS processes;
- Ensure production personnel are following proper procedure for ongoing production checks;
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level between management and the workforce and keep your manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- Develop mutual respect with employees, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Promote and support continuous improvement in key areas of Brett Martin;
- Be motivated and assume responsibility to drive through quality improvement in various departments of the business
- Encourage quality tools and improvement techniques where applicable and encouraging strong communication skills between the QA, production and other departments of the business in respect of quality. Also to communicate the above by chairing quality meetings
- Development and maintenance of quality procedures and work instructions;
- Audit and Maintenance of compliance to required quality management systems standards;
Health & Safety
- Through good housekeeping procedures, ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times.
- Ensure that all reports, studies etc. required are accurate, submitted on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Equal Opportunity Policy;
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
Please click here for full Job Description
Previous applicants need not apply
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
Closing Date: 16 November 2018