Telemetry Controller *3
Permanent, Full-Time position
Closing Date - 10am, Monday 12th November 2018
Salary- £24,003 - £28,271 Candidates will normally start on the first point of the scale
About the Role:
The primary focus of the role is to provide a central control operations service for NI Water. This will be on a 24/7 basis, with responsibility for the proactive use of key systems to analyse data and develop effective solutions to enhance customer service and improve service delivery. The Telemetry Controller will make a positive contribution to the achievement of NI Water’s customer satisfaction, regulatory and environmental demands.
This role will control the delivery of an efficient and seamless 24/7 service to the business, enabling preventative actions to avoid or minimise impact on NI Water customers, assets and colleagues.
Working collaboratively with the Duty Manager and other Customer Service Centre colleagues, this role will be a key provider of service to our customers, the Water and Wastewater Production Lines / Production Lines Services (M&E), NIW Alpha and our contractors.
Key Activities- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively monitor, investigate and analyse trends on telemetry systems, to prevent service interruptions and unnecessary work. Mitigate the impact on our customers, Water / Wastewater Production Lines and regulatory targets by managing issues at source, taking ownership and control of issues from end to end of process
- Interpret data from all available systems and customers, to allow early recognition of real time events, enabling field staff to respond early and resolve quickly. Continuous monitoring through to closure of events, updating colleagues and systems to keep customers informed.
- Direct customer contact will be required in line with our NIW customer service ethos and reflecting the Customer Service approach and standards. Regular customer service training will take place which will be assessed externally.
- Achieving, devising and taking ownership of individual and team KPIs, targets and objectives as defined in PMR process.
- Contributing to Performance Hub meetings, preparing, analysing and presenting data from own areas of responsibility, recommending corrective actions and improvements to contribute to the overall performance of the team.
- Evaluate, analyse and accurately change / capture / escalate information on systems, supporting the integrity of data, driving operational efficiency and improving the quality of management information.
- Monitor the security and safety of NI Water employees / contractors and our assets through use of systems, escalating when required, to ensure adherence with procedures. Continuous monitoring of logging in/out of Lone Worker system and raising of potential H&S risks.
- Work collaboratively with CSC, Production Lines and NIW Alpha colleagues, sharing information and communicating effectively to optimise service delivery for our customers.
- Authorise and control NI Water staff /contractors working on our assets / network, enabling a ‘permission to operate’ philosophy, to minimise disruption and promote a calm network.
- Remotely execute changes in the operating parameters of assets / processes to resolve issues or adapt to changing requirements.
- Effectively represent NI Water as a first point of contact for NIEA, DWI, NIE and the emergency services, taking action to process and escalate appropriately, to comply with business procedures.
- Extract data and present in a manner that conveys the information in a clear and concise manner, appropriate to the audience.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports, providing your managers, colleagues and Production Lines with pertinent information / recommendations, influencing and facilitating quick decision-making.
- Control the scheduling, dispatch and closure of work to NI Water staff and contractors using our systems, optimising available resources to ensure customer requirements are prioritised, in accordance with NI Water’s vision and values.
- Take ownership of process documents ensuring they are fit for purpose and recommend improvement that would enhance service delivery.
- Identify and recommend more efficient ways to deliver a quality customer service, contributing to an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with NI Water Health and Safety standards and associated processes.
- Undertake other duties that may be reasonably expected.
NI Water is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Please see Job Description for further details and to apply.