Excellent opportunity for a Technical Engineer based in Belfast
Is BLK BOX for you?
We are growing at a rate of knots, if you don’t eat chaos for breakfast BLK BOX is probably not the place for you…If you want to join our team you must be self-motivated, willing to work hard, tackle new challenges, work together as a team, and have the drive for the company and yourself to succeed.
You’ll have a positive approach and a ‘can do’ thinking, will rise to the occasion of new challenges, pitch in even when the responsibilities are not your normal ones and dig deep when things get rough to produce a positive outcome
Are you technically minded with a passion for fitness and would like to be part of our agile design team? We’re seeking a proactive, bright and hardworking Technical Engineer. You will be a key player within the Design Team responsible for product costing, raw material purchasing, quality control and manufacturing process improvement.
You’ll be passionate about improving processes, diving into in-depth costing analysis, with a meticulous attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment. Your day-to-day role will be heavily involved in supporting the Design, Manufacturing and Finance team and the overall business, as a whole. We are a rapidly expanding company, so you will be expected show high levels of flexibility and adaptability in your role.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
Your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Product costing – Receive manufacturing requests for new products and modifications to existing products and create a product Bill of Materials with a detailed costing on our ERP system (by using and interpreting drawings, specifications and other data).
- Purchasing responsibilities – Source suppliers for raw materials, tools etc; create purchasing bills of materials; generate purchasing specifications; place account and pro-forma purchase orders; negotiate with suppliers, maintain price lists and supplier lists etc.
- Quality control – Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards etc.
- Product Improvement – Responsibility to conduct investigations into process and product failures/complaints and develop and implement the associated process or product design changes for continuous improvement.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Develops and evaluates manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; creating SOP’s and work instructions etc.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests and resolves manufacturing issues.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Operation of the company’s ERP system.
T H E I D E A L P E R S O N
- Experience in manufacturing and/or engineering environments.
- Wide understanding of general welding and fabrication processes.
- Proven organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, liaising with external parties and colleagues.
- Good computer skills, preferably with experience in purchasing and/or manufacturing control software.
- Engineering degree or similar.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Ability to work in high pressure, deadline driven situations, with flexibility to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Possess a strong team ethos in your work and always willing to provide support to co-workers.
- Always strives for quality and excellence.
- You’ll have a positive approach and your ‘can do’ thinking will mean you’re always keen to excel.
- Passionate about the fitness industry.
W H Y W O R K F O R B L K B O X
- Opportunity to work for a company awarded the “Best Place to Work” in the 2018 Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards.
- We are a dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in functional fitness innovation.
- Rewards and recognition are provided for superior performance.
- Work in a collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability.
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Fantastic training opportunities and long-term career progression opportunities available for the right candidates in line with the company’s strategic growth plans.
- Prime working location in Titanic Quarter.
- Lots of perks including a fully functioning showroom gym of pure performance space which acts as a both a training and testing institute for our team.
T O A P P L Y
Please submit a one-page cover letter in addition to your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. The cover letter should show your personality and help us learn why you want to work for BLK BOX in this role. Let us know what about this job attracts you?