Therapists are responsible for conducting treatments to the highest standards and developing training and guidelines. Full Time & Part Time Available
Top Salary for the right candidate
Therapists are responsible for conducting treatments to the highest standards and developing training and guidelines. Other responsibilities include maintaining the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness within the treatment rooms and spa, taking a pro-active approach to selling products and treatments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- maintaining the cleanliness of the entire Spa area in particular the treatments rooms, changing rooms, treatments rooms, toilets, pool area, showers and relaxation areas. These areas should be kept in a neat, tidy and hygienic manner in accordance with approved standards and health and safety standards.
- welcome guests/clients into the Spa area, putting them at ease and providing them with a high level of personal attention. Where necessary, taking guest shoes, guiding to changing rooms, provision of robes etc as well as pointing out the location of different areas of the Spa and explaining the facilities.
- carry out all treatments on guests / clients as requested and ensuring their experience of treatments are comfortable and relaxing.
- explain fully the treatment being undertaken prior to doing so and to establish in advance of commencing the treatment:
- Guest’s comfort level, (temperature, lighting and pressure)
- Any history of medical complaints, injuries,
- allergies etc. that you should be aware of prior to commencing treatment. (discussion of pre treatment questionnaire.)
- cover receptionist duties as required ie. Break times, quiet periods in the Spa.
- ensure that lockers are stocked with clean linen at all times and remove soiled linen from changing rooms and relaxation areas.
- attend to guests in relaxation and waiting areas ensuring that they are comfortable at all times e.g. offer drinks/refreshments, reading material etc.
- maintain the stock at the correct level following approved standards and notify the manager of any items to be ordered.
- use the correct quantities of products and adhere to the directions as specified by the manufacturer when using products and with minimal wastage.
- attend Company meetings and training courses as deemed necessary by the Spa Manager.
- ensure that you keep up to date with changing products, treatments, services and facilities offered within the Spa environment in order to help the hotel retain its place as a market leader.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a similar role.
- Qualifications advantageous to the role such as Massage experience and Beauty Qualifications recognizable by UK industry standards.
- Knowledge of the Spa Therapy industry would be advantageous.
- To work with honesty and integrity.