Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Cayan is seeking an experienced, passionate Quality Assurance Engineer who will help with the design and execution of test plans for new and existing projects for our Embedded product lines. Deep analytical & technical skills are required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together and are validated in a complex, distributed system. The right individual will have experience testing enterprise-class system software packages.
A successful applicant will:
- Become an expert with Cayan’s products, APIs, and solutions
- Develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework from requirement specifications; define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment and assumptions
- Enhance our testing process and test scripts, to better protect Cayan’s and its merchants’ interests
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on all Genius product line releases and various other products
- Ensure features achieve the desired level of business / functional flow and quality
- Author and augment our developer documentation and knowledge bases
- Work with Cayan’s product and development teams to deliver new products and features to market, including Cayan’s various 3rd party vendors
- Troubleshoot issues reported by ISVs, key accounts, and Cayan’s development teams
- Assist with projects and other delegated tasks as needed
- Mentoring and training will be provided to eventually support contribution to the implementation of automation solutions within the SET team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in the credit card acquiring/processing industry is preferred
- Proven problem-solving aptitude
- Appreciation of software engineering skills and QA/Test methodologies
- Prior experience with ticketing systems / issue tracking software preferred
- Prior testing and issue reporting experience required
- Basic programming experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a small, highly accountable development environment
- Passionate about QA and keeping current with industry trends and best practices
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
For more information, please visit cayan.com/engineering