We are seeking a Site Manager responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of build projects The successful candidate will be responsible for managing medium-large contracts throughout NI, though initially in Belfast / Downpatrick.
Dowds Group are a national mechanical, electrical and specialist construction with offices in Ballymoney, Belfast and London. Delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland, with continued growth, we are keen to take on new talent to help us expand our operations.
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Construction Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Construction Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
- Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on-site.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Construction Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with site/sub-contractors team.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Site Management
- Relevant Construction Qualification
- Good Technical Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
- Experience of Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Security Clearance will be required
- Valid CSR Card
- IPAF 3a/3b
- PASMA Combined
Please click send a copy of your CV and Covering letter
The closing date for Applications is 30th November 2018