As a Senior Software Engineer you will work as a lead in an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers.
Liberty IT employs over 500 people who develop a wide range of specialist and enterprise scale applications for our parent company, Liberty Mutual. Across our two offices in Belfast and Dublin our teams live and breathe innovation, creativity and commitment to excellence – designing and implementing innovative solutions using both existing and emerging technologies. Combine that with our commitment to providing a great place to work for employees and you have the perfect place to start or grow your career.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work as a lead in an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver real value and solve complex business problems working as a lead in an agile team.
- Work as a technical lead across the whole software development lifecycle.
- Have input into overall architectural and technical decisions and create complex software designs from requirements.
- Own the oversight of processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, tested, well performing and secure code by the team.
- Mentor and coach team.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Lead and support team in implementing continuous improvement opportunities across all aspects of the product.
- Collaborate with developers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it, and has experience of positively leading and mentoring others.
- Build great customer relationships by listening and empathizing with our customers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Understand the importance and principles of writing clean, quality, high performing and secure code and champion it within their team and the department.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Know how to share their own experiences and expertise using the right method of communication and the right level for the audience.
- Be interested in technology and actively keep their skills up to date.
- Expereince working in Cloud Native Architectures, specifically AWS would be beneficial
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of three years’ postgraduate software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Proven experience in delivering high quality, clean code using Ruby on Rails.
Competitive salary and benefits offered