Due to our expansion in Abbott Diabetes Care in Donegal we now have a requirement for an experience Scientist to join the Technical Services team.
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150+ countries and employs approximately 97,000 people.
In Ireland, Abbott has five business units, represented across eight manufacturing sites. The Abbott Diabetes Care division based in Donegal Town manufactures FreeStyle blood glucose test strips for use in diabetes management. Among Abbott Diabetes Care leading brands are the FreeStyle Precision, FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Libre system.
- Create & lead complex project plans, managing the associated cost and time constraints
- Design, developand manage the execution of engineering trials / characterisation studies, while maintaining accurate documentation of trials
- Contribute to analytical development through design and execution of experiments, data analysis and communication of conclusions through presentations and reports.
- Coordinate and contribute to the design of SOPs, test methods, protocols, specifications and validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Performs analytical method transfer, optimization, and development/validation design and analytical methods development
- Develops protocols under which the methods transfer, optimization, and development are conducted.
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design and utilises DOE where appropriate.
- Participates in the planning and execution of raw material, components, and vendor qualification or alternate supplier analytical qualification studies.
- Provides analytical testing support for manufacturing process validation.
- Support the progress of investigations and CAPAs
- Data management, trending (including SPC) and reporting of product performance and other business measures.
- Ability to interpret data, , discuss findings and resolve complex analytical problems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a medical device / pharmaceutical environment with experience in validation activities
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher in a relevant Chemistry, Physics or Life Science discipline. Knowledge of good laboratory practices, cGMP practices, USP methodology, FDA, ICH, OSHA, and DEA regulations, and MSDSs
- Desirable Postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in relevant subject e.g. Materials Science, Chemistry etc.