Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent, Temporary part-time, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary See description
Updated 1 day ago
Excellent opportunity for Senior Finance Assistant - Financial Services based in Newry.
POST REF: SSRC18/93
POST: SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT – FINANCIAL SERVICES
DURATION: TEMPORARY (UNTIL 1 OCTOBER 2019)
HOURS: 36 PER WEEK
GRADE: BAND 4 NJC 18-25
SALARY: £18,070 – £22,658 PER ANNUM
LOCATION: NEWRY CAMPUS
(THERE WILL BE A REQUIREMENT TO TRAVEL TO OTHER CAMPUSES)
REPORTS TO: FINANCE OFFICER
The post-holder will work under the direction and guidance of the Finance Officer – Financial Services to ensure the provision of an efficient and effective finance service and will report through the Finance Officer – Financial Services to the Accountant.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder will be one of two Senior Finance Assistants within the Financial Services team which is responsible for the administrative processes and financial controls which underpin the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions. Each Senior Finance Assistant will be assigned primarily to either the Accounts Receivable function or the Accounts Payable function;
1. A minimum of a level 3 (or higher) qualification in any subject area.
2. A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
3. A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
4. A minimum of a level 4 (or higher) qualification in business, finance or accounting discipline or equivalent or be currently studying towards a recognised accounting technician qualification.
5. A minimum of two years’ (within the last five years) financial administrative experience in maintaining the Sales Ledger and/or Purchase Ledger within a busy finance team.
6. A minimum of two years’ experience (within the last five years) of using integrated finance systems/computerised accounting package/s and Microsoft products.
7. Experience of working within an administrative/office setting within Further Education or within the Public Sector.
Other Essential Criteria
8. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information regarding applicants with disabilities).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than: 4:00pm on Monday 19th November 2018
To apply for this post please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our site.
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.