Location UK / Omagh Town Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £25000 - 35000
Updated 7 days ago
This role will be based on the fabrication side of the business. Ordering of all steel types for the factory, outsourced fabrications and steel yard inventory management.
Key duties and responsibilities
– This role will be based on the fabrication side of the business. Ordering of all steel types for the factory, outsourced fabrications and steel yard inventory management.
– Pricing of outsourced fabrications and working closely with key suppliers.
– Provide adequate stock of goods to support production.
– Assist production and prototype build by expanding critical parts shortages.
– Maintain accurate and timely purchase order management.
– Work with vendors to reduce lead times.
– Ensure timely availability, proper quantity/quality and minimum inventory.
– Investigate, co-ordinate and resolve issues of rejected material.
– Maintain stock status reports of parts critical to prototype, pilot and production or with long lead times.
– Maintain vendor data/purchase order databases/supplier correspondence.
– Analyse purchase requisitions/orders for accuracy and conformance.
– Assist receiving department in resolving packing slip and receiving issues and AP in resolving invoicing issues.
– Assist the organisation in identifying potential cost savings.
– Identify inventory reduction opportunities.
– Ensure competitive cost.
– Co-ordinate part specifications with engineering staff and forecasts with the sales department.
– Build and maintain vendor relationships.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definite list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Essential criteria, experience and Skills.
You must have the following;
– A minimum of 3 years purchasing experience preferably in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
– Experience of developing and achieving project deadlines and company targets.
– Strong Organisational skills
– Be able to multitask
– Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
– Be IT literate in the usual Microsoft packages, Word, Excel and Outlook, Sage Line 50 or similar
– Good interpersonal and team working skills
– Good judgement and decision making skills
– Experience in MRP systems is preferable but not essential.
– Experience in purchasing steel, outsourcing fabrication work.
– Stock taking experience in a manufacturing environment and good knowledge of steel types.