We are looking for experienced individuals whom have worked within a research and /or Marketing environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a career in Consulting with a leading edge team.
Who we are looking for
PwC Research is a specialist provider of research and data, evidence based consulting services. Working with an international client base and across various industries from financial services to technology firms. PwC Research helps clients that need to better understand their customers, their employees and their channels to market by utilising a variety of data sources. And our market is growing fast. A recent report PwC did for the Market Research Society shows that the research and data market has grown by more than £1bn in the last 5 years.
As an integral member of our tech team, the Research Analyst is responsible for managing and engaging with the wider research team on statistical analysis activities. We are looking for experienced individuals whom have worked within a research and /or Marketing environment. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and a background in Research.
The role is based in Belfast and from time to time there may be an opportunity to travel both within the UK and on an international basis.
- Strong IT related skills
- High proficiency in MS Office including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of performing data cleaning and validation
- Co-ordinate analysis for qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Undertake advanced statistical analysis techniques
- Proven ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality issues and ensure data quality through development and testing best practice
- Produce research deliverables based on an analysis specification
- Excellent spoken and written communication, with ability to present ideas / solutions clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage volume workload/projects and work independently within a fast paced environment
- Work with global project teams to ensure that client focus is maintained through project execution
About the role
If you have a passion for client service, are driven by high quality, and have an appetite for taking a role in an expanding team, this opportunity is for you.
Core activities will include
- Working with project teams in defining analysis requirements
- Provide input to proposals and pitching to external clients
- Providing specialist expertise and guidance in statistical analysis
- Conduct in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods
- Mentor junior team members
- Managing a team of analysts to deliver high quality and accurate research deliverables
This is an excellent opportunity to join a career in Consulting with a leading edge team. The successful candidates will be supported by a People Manager who will assist them in meeting their career aspirations and development.
The specific technical skills we are looking for include
Essential skills needed for the role
- Significant professional business experience
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS
- Excellent IT skills with a high level of proficiency in the main MS Office applications including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative analysis techniques
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good project management skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to produce quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Experience of working as part of a successful team
Desirable skills sought for the role
- Professional experience within the market research industry
- Degree level qualification is essential, particularly those in a Business, Market Research, Social Science, Statistics or related discipline
- Hold a current project management qualification (e.g. Prince 2)
- Questionnaire Design and Research planning
- Experience of data warehouse implementations
- Experience of Statistical software such as SAS/ languages such as R
- Experience of Excel VBA
- Knowledge of database design and management and domain specific languages such as SQL