Excellent opportunity for a Regulatory Affairs Manager based in Antrim
Regulatory Affairs Manager
Permanent – Full Time (40 hrs)
Starting Salary – £35,000 – £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
firmus energy is responsible for the construction and operation of a natural gas network of over 1,400km across 30 cities, towns and villages across Northern Ireland. As well as connecting over 41,000 customers across its own licensed area, firmus energy also competes in the competitive natural gas market in Greater Belfast, where it also supplies over 50,000 customers.
The future looks bright at firmus energy, and for those who are part of our team. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, together with comprehensive training and development programmes and the opportunity to excel in challenging and developing roles.
Reporting to the Director of Regulation and Pricing, the Regulatory Affairs Manager will be responsible for analysing, interpreting, assessing and creating strategies regarding government policy, regulatory proceedings and the existing and future market rules of the natural gas market in Northern Ireland. This role will represent firmus energy’s interests before the Utility Regulator, CCNI, and the Government of Northern Ireland as well as providing regulatory oversight and management to firmus energy’s overall business.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Management of the Regulatory Affairs Team
- Monitor regulatory developments relevant to firmus energy and advise the company on impact to the business
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of natural gas market rules as they relate to the company and promote firmus energy’s interests as they relate to regulatory and market evolution
- Manage and monitor regulatory requirements relating to the company, establishing proper processes to ensure that all obligations are consistently met accurately and on time
- Establish and maintain contacts within the Utility Regulator, Government Departments, CCNI, and other relevant stakeholders, and track and report on key regulatory activities as they impact on the company
- Support the management and preparation of firmus energy’s price control submissions
- Co-ordinating, preparing and submitting responses to regulatory and stakeholder consultations
- Liaising with other areas of the business to communicate regulatory issues, and input into strategic decision-making on issues and projects
- Development and maintenance of operational risk framework, processes and management information
- Participation in Emergency Standby Rota
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills, together with the ability to think strategically in a constantly changing environment. They will demonstrate proven leadership skills, with the ability to manage and mentor staff to achieve organisational goals. An excellent communicator, they will develop effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- A strong academic record (educated to degree level or equivalent)
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and track record of successfully influencing regulatory stakeholders and ability to resolve differences
- Self-confidence, maturity, discipline and a commercial approach
- Proven ability to think strategically and maintain strategic focus while operating across many functional areas in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence key internal and external stakeholders and identify external issues which may impact business performance
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently and prioritise workload with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to work with legislators, regulators, stakeholders and industry advocacy groups, as well as ability to work collaboratively with others
- Proven ability to manage and mentor staff and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of organisational goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Demonstrated skills in project/case management and working on project teams
- Experience in regulated utility markets – direct experience within the NI, GB and ROI market will be considered an advantage
Applications (including a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria and a current CV) to be sent by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below by 5:00pm, Thursday 15 November 2018
FIRMUS ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER