Excellent opportunity for a Quality Techncian based in Banbridge
VACANCY -QUALITY DEPARTMENT
QUALITY TECHNICIAN – SHIFT
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, focused, high achieving individual within our dedicated quality function. A key role, founded on the testing and release of components and products, working positively with on-site groups to resolve quality issues, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Inspection of Raw Materials – Polyethylene resins (Melt Flow Rate, Oxygen Induction, Density)
- Batch Release Testing of Product (Impact, Crush, Tensile, Friction, Pressure Testing)
- Dimensional Inspection using Pi Tapes, Verniers, Micrometers, Depth Gauges
- Visual Inspection using Microscopes.
- Non Conforming Materials control including disposition of product which is quarantined or on hold.
- Additional Product Type Approval Testing
- Calibration of Measuring Equipment
- Technical awareness and development of Product
- Occasional customer interfaces
- Use of Syspro Planning System, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Recording of Product Conformity Data onto spreadsheets and Databases
- Control, compliance and management of resin deliveries
The successful candidate must be:-
- Capable and/or willing to use cutting tools such as jigsaws, bandsaws, drills, stamping tools for sample preparation
- Ideally experienced in use of measuring equipment ie., use of Pi Tapes, Verniers, Micrometers, Depth Gauges, however training will be given.
- Possess an analytical , cautious and interrogating in approach
- Able to show decisiveness in making judgements based on facts re. product release. Know how to assess the risk of product non conformity to its application, the scope of risk to product stock and to customer, and to understand all cost impacts.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attentiveness to detail, thoroughness, conscientiousness and personal integrity.
- Computer literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Access
- Adaptable and flexible in responding to urgent production requirements and in dealing with system changes.
- Capable of reading technical documents such as quality standards, customer specification and drawings and quality plans and understand measurement tolerances and acceptance standards
- Alert and technically minded in understanding the implications of incidents of non conforming product to other departments or to stock
- Organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Good numeracy skills.
- Customer focused and strong customer awareness
- Educated to A Level standard, or equivalent, or have 3 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing industry
- Ideally the candidate would also have worked in a team environment
- Be flexible and willing to cover leave for other shift personnel
- Possess a science or engineering degree or have 5 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing industry
- Willingness to be “hands on” and knowledge of the extrusion process would be an advantage.