Excellent opportunity for a Quality Technician based in Newtownards
We are looking for a highly self-motivated Quality Technician to join our QA team at Rich Sauces.
You will have a third level qualification in food technology/food science or similar.
You will be highly self-motivated, a good communicator and have the ability to work on your own initiative. You will be IT literate in Microsoft Packages.
We require someone with strong attention to detail and a pro-active attitude. Previous experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage and a HACCP qualification is also desirable.
Duties of a Quality Technician with Rich Sauces:-
- Carrying out Internal audits, ensuring compliance against BRC, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and RSPO.
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy within processes, by carrying out various quality checks daily.
- Completion of customer specifications, queries and technical questionnaires.
- Investigate, sample and test to find potential root cause of customer or supplier complaints or queries.
- Ability to conduct full traceability using Sage 200 from raw ingredient form to finished product.
- Prevent non-conforming or sub-standard product leaving the site.
- Investigate anomalies in results and processes, with the production & quality team to safeguard product quality.
- Collect product samples for microbiological analysis and ensure the environmental plan for the factory is kept up to date.
- Hygiene of plant and equipment checked and validated with ATP monitor and test kits for concentration formers.
- Organoleptic carried out and recorded on all products, from start to end of shelf life.
- Internal and external calibrations register is to be followed at the scheduled times.
- Support NPD in the launch of new products.
- All Health and Safety procedures are adhered to on site.
- All company policies are complied with and supported.
Please click on the apply button to send an updated CV and monitoring form by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below