Excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer based in Dunmurry
Job Specification: Quality Engineer
Brookvent is a dynamic and ambitious Northern Ireland manufacturing company, specialising in window and mechanical ventilation products designed for the residential construction sector in the UK and Ireland, as well as export markets in Mainland Europe. It is an exciting time within the company as it continues to invest in its product range to meet the needs of new market opportunities.
The Quality Engineer will champion the Company’s quality function, quality standards and in partnership with line management and technical team drive improvements in all quality related areas across the company. They will be responsible for handling external and internal customer complaints, measuring and analysing quality data, driving quality awareness and assisting process improvement within manufacturing and operations. Previous experience with specification products would be desirable.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes in a specification lead manufacturing environment.
- Manage After Sales incident reports, investigate, analyse and prioritise issues to ensure a resolution is found in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Sales, Customer Service, Operations and Technical departments as required.
- Support day to day Operations to ensure minimum impact to production as a result of quality related issues. Where a non-conformance is identified use initiative to contain the problem, while working with technical team to resolve.
- Setup or improve quality inspection procedures for new and existing products.
- Set requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance, ensuring that our products and services meet all necessary specification.
- Maintain accurate documentation, compile detailed Quality reports and perform statistical analysis when necessary.
- Provide support for NPD from the design stage through to first off production.
- Maintain, audit and develop our Integrated 9001 & 14001 management System, and oversee accreditation.
- Assist with adherence to health and safety guidelines and legal requirements.
- Seek opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures were possible.
- Occasional travel to suppliers and other Brookvent sites
- Perform other similar and comparable tasks as required.
- Organised, with sound judgement, detail conscious and good planning skills
- Proactive, and a good communicator.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently
- Strong math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Proficient in MS Office applications including document and spreadsheet preparation and maintenance.
- Relevant 3rd Level Education in an Engineering/Science/Quality related field
- Previous Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment and good knowledge of electrical components, wiring diagrams, etc…. would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience working in an environment which is ISO compliant.
- Starting salary will be circa £25K, depending on experience.
- 30 days annual leave including stats (pro-rata).
- Pension match up to 3% of salary.
- 37.5hrs per week. 8.30-5 Mon to Thurs., 8.30 – 2.30 Fri.
- Based in Dunmurry, Lisburn.
To apply for this role please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward your CV and Cover letter.
Closing date of the 30th of November
Brookvent is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all eligible candidates.