Gavan McGill & Company, a successful firm of Chartered Certified Accountants based in Derry, Northern Ireland are seeking a qualified Bookkeeper with general practice experience.
This is a varied role for someone looking to build their skills and develop their career.
The successful applicant must be motivated and self-driven with a desire to achieve and succeed. You should have excellent people skills and be able to prioritise and work to budgets.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies.
- Maintain client monthly/quarterly bookkeeping using accounting software (mainly Sage), and Excel to include posting of invoices, bank transactions, bank reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly payrolls for clients, ensuring compliance with RTI and Auto Enrolment, to include uploading and reporting to NEST in relation to pensions.
- Prepare VAT Returns.
- Construction Industry Returns.
- Corresponding regularly with clients and third parties.
- Provide administrative assistance including answering calls, post, filing and any other ad hoc duties as required.
Education / Qualifications:
- AAT Bookkeeping qualification or similar.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bookkeeping experience: 2 years post qualification.
- Payroll experience essential.
- Knowledge of VAT Return preparation essential.
- Experience in using accountancy software.
- Knowledge of pensions auto-enrolment duties.
- Flexibility to assist with some general administration.
- Previous experience within an accountancy practice preferred.
- Ability to work cohesively in small team environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Technically competent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
In return the successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with experience along with a pension scheme.
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.