Excellent opportunity for a Purchasing and Inventory Executive based in Belfast
Is BLK BOX for you?
We are growing at a rate of knots, if you don’t eat chaos for breakfast BLK BOX is probably not the place for you…If you want to join our team you must be self-motivated, willing to work hard, tackle new challenges, work together as a team, and have the drive for the company and yourself to succeed.
You’ll have a positive approach and a ‘can do’ thinking, will rise to the occasion of new challenges, pitch in even when the responsibilities are not your normal ones and dig deep when things get rough to produce a positive outcome
PURCHASING AND INVENTORY EXECUTIVE
We’re seeking a proactive, bright and hardworking Purchasing & Inventory Executive to join our Accounts Team. You will be responsible for proactively and reactively pricing and purchasing a wide range of materials, products and packaging. You will also be responsible for maintaining and increasing our inventory levels. At BLK BOX, one of our strengths is to fulfil customer orders in the shortest lead time in the industry. As the company continues to grow rapidly, your responsibility will be to ensure that we have sufficient stock at HQ to not only continue to meet our lead times but to deliver above and beyond client expectations.
R E S P ON S I B I L I T I E S
Your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Perform day-to-day procurement activities, including purchasing of manufacturing components, third party products and packaging as well as delivery follow up to ensure goods are delivered within time lead.
- Preparation and processing of purchase orders.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure sufficient stock is available at all times to facilitate production and fulfilment of orders.
- Prepare and issue weekly stock reports and escalate overstock/under-stock situations.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand using historical and future sales data.
- Liaise and build relationships with key suppliers in order to receive timely and accurate information in regards to product availability. Liaise with suppliers on quotations, lead time and minimum quality standards. Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Prepare and maintain price lists.
- Manage our ERP and cloud-based inventory management system to ensure the most accurate supply information is always available to the company and the system is fully optimised.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Oversee continuous improvement opportunities related to all key supply chain drivers (reorder point, order quantities, etc).
- Communicate effectively with internal teams, particularly our warehouse and sales teams.
T H E I D E A L P E R S O N
- A degree in supply chain management, business or a relevant subject.
- Experience in procurement and inventory management preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Passionate about the fitness industry with knowledge of fitness equipment.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills with the ability to influence suppliers to manage long and immediate term supply planning to meet projected customer demands.
- Proficient in computer systems with experience of MRP/ERP system being an advantage.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to manage long term supply planning and influence decisions that result in excellent inventory availability.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and data analysis skills.
- High-levels of accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- We’re an extremely fast paced business so you’ll need to be self-motivated, organised and a brilliant multi-tasker.
- You will possess a strong team ethos in your work and always willing to provide support to co-workers.
- You’ll have a positive approach and your ‘can do’ thinking will mean you’re always keen to excel.
W H Y W O R K F O R B L K B O X
- Opportunity to work for a company awarded the “Best Place to Work” in the 2018 Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards.
- We are a dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in functional fitness innovation.
- Rewards and recognition are provided for superior performance.
- Work in a collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability.
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Fantastic training opportunities and long-term career progression opportunities available for the right candidates in line with the company’s strategic growth plans.
- Prime working location in Titanic Quarter.
- Lots of perks including a fully functioning showroom gym of pure performance space which acts as a both a training and testing institute for our team.
T O A P P L Y
Please submit a one-page cover letter in addition to your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
The cover letter should show your personality and help us learn why you want to work for BLK BOX in this role. Let us know what about this job attracts you?