Abbott Diabetes Care in Donegal are rapidly expanding and as such now have a requirement to join the Technical Services team as a Process Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 97,000 people.
In Ireland, Abbott has five business units, represented across eight manufacturing sites. The Abbott Diabetes Care division based in Donegal Town manufactures FreeStyle blood glucose test strips for use in diabetes management. Among Abbott Diabetes Care leading brands are the FreeStyle Precision, FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Libre system.
Visit Abbott at www.abbott.com or www.abbott.ie
Technical Support Process Engineer
- Create & lead complex projects, generate plans, managing the associated cost and time constraints.
- Support the development and execution of engineering trials / characterisation studies.
- Identification of opportunities for new technology and driving continuous improvement.
- Lead and contribute to analytical process development through design and execution of experiments.
- Perform data analysis using statistical methods and communication of conclusions through presentations and reports.
- Create, co-ordinate and contribute to the design of experiments, test methods, protocols, specifications and validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Execute validation protocols and create validation reports for equipment, test methods and processes.
- Data management, trending (including SPC) and reporting of product performance and other business measures.
- Analysing data, evaluating results, forming conclusions & contributing to design, process or document improvements.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Science or engineering degree with experience in either: Materials Science, Analytical Chemistry, Engineering or Process Engineering / Development
- Strong understanding of the principles of experimental design and data analysis.
- Experience in validation, generation and execution of validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Experience in process engineering.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Competent user of statistical analysis software
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment.
- Demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to work.
Desirable requirements for the role:
- Postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in relevant subject
- Experience in process engineering in a regulated industry (medical devices or pharma)