McQuillan Companies is an NI family owned business which incorporates a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, highway maintenance, quarrying, waste management, outdoor cleaning and winter services.
McQuillan Environmental is a multi site Waste and Resource Management organisation serving all industrial and public sectors.
McQuillan Envirocare operate one of Ireland’s most advanced Hazardous Waste Management facilities with chemist managed Hazardous Waste Transfer Station, bespoke Chemical Treatment Facility and soil treatment plant all on site.
We currently have an opening for a Process Analyst based in our Antrim office.
The purpose of this role is to support the Process Chemists in the day to day operations of the CTF. To complete waste chemical treatment of various aqueous based waste within the CTF. To ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of worrk meets the required standards as dictated by the Process Chemists and Waste Process Directions. To perform analysis as required in support of the UKAS accredited lab.
Main duties will include:
- Carry out general housekeeping of the CTF and lab
- Follow the correct procedure for the labelling and sampling of waste
- Follow the correct procedure for the unloading of waste into the CTF
- Ensure that waste and test samples are analysed in accordance with agreed methods and are approved or rejected according to the results of the analysis in conjunction with the supervisor
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical and processing techniques and equipment
- Follow waste processing directions as generated by the Process Chemists
- Ensure adequate supplies of materials are available to support projects
- Ensure that tests relating to quality standards are carried out in the specified manner
- Ensure that all equipment remains calibrated and functions as required. Where this is not the case, inform the relevant person for them to action
- Keep the supervisor updated on a regular basis and inform them of any circumstances which may alter agreed timescales
Applicants should possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade C and above with at least 1 Science discipline
- Previous analytical and waste processing knowledge would be an advantage
- Previous experience using a forklift would be an advantage
This role will work on a rotating shift pattern of days, evenings and nights. Shift allowance will be paid as applicable.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23 November