Excellent opportunity for a Placement Quality Engineer based in Omagh
Position: Placement Quality Engineer
Reporting to :Quality Manager
The Placement Quality Engineer will have responsibility for improving customer satisfaction across the product range, this applies to both internal and external customers. They will have responsibility for working with cross functional teams to sustain the highest standards as well as working on continuous improvements and root cause problem solving. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to all sides of the business from supplier management right through to the end user of the equipment we manufacture while working as part of a dynamic team in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Main duties will include
- Assisting in the development and auditing of the Quality Management System
- Assessing supplier sites and quality processes as required. Developing suppliers; internal and external, local and international
- Have the ability to use statistical methods to fault find & support solutions to technical issues
- Where non–conformance exists, use initiative to introduce suitable manufacturing containment actions while working with the supply base (internal or external) & technical personnel to achieve long-term solutions for quality from root-cause analysis
- Support day to day operations to ensure there in minimum impact to production as a result of quality related issues and attend regular meetings giving details of quality trends and actions.
- Support NPPD within the factory from design review stage through to prototype build. Be actively involved in every stage of the process to help guarantee its success.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure design for manufacture
- Work on continuous improvement projects to drive improvements in results
Experience and Qualifications
- Working towards minimum HNC/HND level in a Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing discipline
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality control and problem solving techniques utilized throughout the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of supplier management principles
- Excellent communication and assertiveness skills for use with internal and external suppliers
- Excellent computer skills
Key skills will include
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-management skills
- Transparency Integrity and trust
- Commercial Acumen
- Results Driven
- Good organization skills
- Process management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good initiative
All applicants must demonstrate through their application form, how they meet the criteria for the position applied for.
To apply for the above vacancy and view all available positions within Terex, please visit our Careers page by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
The Closing Date for applications is Friday 30th November 2018