Excellent opportunity for a Pharmaceutical Manager based in Newry.
Reports to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Growth and expansion of Pharma Dept.
Working hours: 09.00pm to 5.30pm (Mon-Fri)
To ensure that the Company is professionally represented in the pharmaceutical marketplace. To ensure that all targets for sales and gross margin are achieved. To ensure that all relevant information is fed back to the company and all appropriate data is recorded according to company systems.
- Sales targets: Ensure that sales and gross margin targets are achieved
- Purchasing: Ensure all purchased products are bought from reputable sources, at the best price and with the best shelf life possible. Ensure also that product is delivered on time to the Company and at the most cost-effective way
- Due Diligence: Ensure that all processes are carried out according to the MHRA/MRG protocols and that any illegal activity, e.g. bad product, bad supplier, etc. relating to the Company’s business is reported through to the Company for appropriate action
- Training: Train any new staff relevant to Buying/Selling when necessary
- Reports: Monthly report to be delivered to Managing Director by 2nd of each month at the latest. Quarterly reports to be delivered at management meetings in the Company
- Account Management: To visit the top ten suppliers/customers (by annual revenue spend) at least once per annum. This may include international travel. To report on any dissatisfaction and ensure that the customer’s needs are met in order to ensure safety of the business. Maintain up to date records for all customers.
- Tenders: To liaise with relevant staff concerning any Tenders raised.
- Calls: Ensure that customer records are kept up to date at all times and all calls are dealt with immediately.
- Company image building: Appearance, dress and manner should be such as to improve or reinforce the company quality image at all times
- Meetings & Exhibitions: Attend all meetings as required by the company, maintaining a highly professional manner and appearance throughout.
- Order Processing: Ensure all orders are placed with the Accounts Dept. accurately for dispatch.
- Product Management: An in-depth knowledge of all products relating to pharmacy and pharmaceutical sales is key. Ensure, by accurate sales forecasting and taking into account market knowledge about product sales development, that all products are maintained in stock at all times to satisfy customer need. Highlight product areas where the Company can expand its portfolio by feeding information back from market
- Marketing: Ensure that all marketing avenues are being exploited and that activities relevant to your area is fed back in good time to the Company
- Other Duties: From time to time there may be some duties outside this remit which may be necessary to perform in the interest of the Company
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Conduct all activities with confidentiality and in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Legislation.
- Undertake any other duties as required, that are within the competence of the post holder and conducive to the effective delivery of the role.
- Undertake and attend any training deemed necessary under the above general conditions.
- 3-5 years experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry, with strong product knowledge
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Wholesale is desired but not essential
- Ideally the candidate should have a history of pharmaceutical buying or be a registered pharmacist
- Salary will be dependent on the skillset and experience of the right candidate
Please clock on the APPLY button below to forward your CV.