Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself.
The Deloitte Pensions team is well established and has ambitious targets for further growth. In light of this we are currently seeking new members of staff to work within our Pensions department.
From the outset, you’ll enjoy exposure to a broad and varied client base, enabling you to increase your market knowledge across a wide range of industries.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive – you’ll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. And with no glass ceilings, you will be able to make a difference here by really influencing and shaping the strategic direction of our practice
The responsibilities and requirements for the pensions fund accountant role that we are looking to fill are as follows
- Preparation of Trustee Report and Financial Statements for a portfolio of pension schemes
- Reconcile investment and AVC data, and other information
- Preparing working papers and reconciliations to support the financial statements
- Posting journals to support working papers
- Work on a portfolio of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Hybrid schemes
- Dealing with queries from other team members, Auditors, Trustees, etc
- Building strong working relationships with other teams and Third Parties
- Working to agreed deadlines so as to deliver a high quality and efficient service to clients
- Check and review of work for junior members of the team
- Completing tax returns
- Completion of monthly bank reconciliations and cashbooks as required
- Compliance with regulations and UK accounting requirements.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Suggested work pattern:
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role the candidate must have:
- GCSE Maths and English C or above grade or equivalent
- In total a minimum of 3 A levels at grade C or above or equivalent
- Finance related degree preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, especially in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure collaboration with administration, actuarial and consultancy team
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of using Sage 50 Accounts
- Experience of working on occupational DB and DC pension schemes
- Experience of preparing pension scheme accounts
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 158242