Excellent opportunity for a Patient Care Administrator in Belfast
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: PATIENT CARE ADMINISTRATOR
LOCATION: Cathedral Eye Clinic
DEPARTMENT: Patient Care Team
SALARY: Patient Care Administration Manager
Negotiable, Dependent on Experience
This responsible and varied front-line role will require you to help manage telephone enquiries, take ownership of all enquiries received (telephone, email, website, etc.) into the Clinic from the various stakeholder groups including patients, opticians, Consultants, GPs, medical secretaries and internal colleagues. You will respond to a wide variety of patient requests, primarily via the telephone, but also from web enquiries and on occasion face to face.
In addition to managing the all-important calls, the preparation of clinics and the subsequent administrative requirements after clinics will be required.
On occasion, reception cover may also be required when full training is provided.
Overall, this is a crucial role in our clinic – a clinic which is growing fast and building a team who can help us achieve this growth effectively.
37.5 hours. Occasional Thursday evenings (until 8pm) and Saturday mornings (9am-1pm) will be required.
- To display an outstanding telephone manner and face to face interpersonal skills, as well as high standard and meticulous written work/communication. This applies to all internal colleagues and stakeholders as well as to any external stakeholders/customers.
- To help manage the Clinic’s telephone switchboard and all related/resultant activity.
- To personally receive, manage and process all e-mail, telephone, internet and face to face enquiries promptly and effectively in line with organisational guidelines/KPIs defined by the Administration Manager, whilst delivering a highly customer focused service to all.
- To provide an outstanding experience to all parties, being informative through excellent and dynamic communication skills.
- To identify patient needs and provide all relevant information about services, specialists, fees and payment at the first interaction.
- To be fully accountable for the conversion of enquiries to bookings and to do so within the first call, acquiring the defined minimum patient data set required – where follow up enquiries and calls are required, for these to be resolved and made on the same day.
- To liaise closely with consultants’/specialists’ secretaries, clinical and non-clinical departments/colleagues within the Clinic to gather information relevant to patient bookings and quotations.
- To promote the Clinic’s services, facilities and patient experience to all customers in a positive and enthusiastic manner, whilst recognising and acting upon all opportunities for up and link selling.
- To be responsible for accurately inputting, maintaining and updating ALL enquiries and sales leads via the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and following each lead to a close. This is to be done in line with the Administration Manager and the organisation’s defined format, time-frames and at the required frequency.
- To input and analyse data for all required reporting purposes as defined by the Patient Care Administration Manager.
- To complete tasks, projects and all work under the guidance and as per the leadership of the Patient Care Administration Manager.
- To be responsible for putting together and to provide quotations for all stakeholders, both verbal and written, issue letters and information packs and to book outpatient appointments at the time of enquiry.
- To take full ownership of being fully up to date and fully versed in information on specialists, services, treatment, fees and private medical insurance (PMI) procedures.
- To consistently demonstrate excellent communication, planning and organisational skills along with a passion for sales, throughout low and high pressure circumstances.
- To show a high level of respect for and professionalism to all colleagues, management and all external stakeholders at all times.
- To be an ambassador for the Clinic – demonstrating passion and desire for the department and organisation to succeed, taking ownership for playing an active part within this.
- To demonstrate a drive for results and success – demonstrating a high level of consistent and measurable achievement across all areas of key performance indicators, key competencies, values, attitude and behaviour – as defined by the Administration Manager.
- To be fully accountable for all areas of responsibility and for completion of all daily, weekly and monthly tasks/work/activities to a level of consistent excellence.
- To proactively build and maintain strong internal relationships across departments and functions – ensuring that communication pathways for live update of new services/changes and to understand any specific promotions or advertising campaigns and their objectives.
- To track stimulus of all enquiries, e.g. advertising campaigns, in order to influence marketing activities.
- To attend promotional public evenings and other events from time to time throughout the year, in line with organisational/professional development requirements and as required by the General Manager / Business Development Manager.
- To undertake any ad-hoc duties, tasks and project work, within the required time-frames and format, as per the requirements of the Clinic.
- To demonstrate consistent ownership of all professional and personal development.
- Positive, personable, highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Can-do attitude with patients being the priority combined with colleague support.
- Long-term Commitment to advancing the Clinic and making it a pleasurable place to work and to attend.
- Flexibility to work occasional Thursday evenings and Saturdays (normally to 1pm).
- Strong IT skills and ability to adapt to new systems fast.
- Composure under pressure with adept problem-solving and prioritisation skills.
- Administrative, secretarial and/or patient service experience.
- Effective organisational, analytical and time management skills.
- Attention to detail as well as well as a high level of written and verbal communication, alongside a flexible and forward-thinking approach is of considerable personal importance.
- Being a team player whilst also working individually and with initiative.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date C
Closing date 14th November