Excellent opportunity for Night Staff based in Banbridge.
Abbeyfield & Wesley
NIGHT STAFF – SLEEPING DUTIES
• 2 – 3 nights per week
• £27 sleepover allowance
Night staff on sleeping duties have an important role in the success and happiness of the house, as they provide residents with support and a sense of security.
2. MAIN DUTIES
You are expected to:
- Sleep over in the house (in the accommodation provided or off-site where appropriate and approved by the Chief Executive) and respond with reassurance and appropriate assistance to calls from residents
- Check the house to ensure it is safe and secure
- Prepare and serve simple snacks
- Keep simple records e.g. an incident book
- Be prepared to cope with general emergencies that may occur from time to time, which may involve making emergency calls for medical assistance or to volunteers and family members
- Help create a supportive, homely and secure environment for the residents and have regard for their welfare at all times
3. LINE MANAGEMENT
- Accountable to the House Manager or in their absence to the Relief House Manager or the Area Manager.
4. PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
- Common sense
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to keep simple records
- First aid qualification, or willingness to achieve this qualification
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.
Closing Date: 23rd November 2018