Location UK / Down
Salary See description
Updated 4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for Learning Support Assistants at SRC
POST: LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT REGISTER
DURATION: PERMANENT (CASUAL CONTRACT)*
HOURS: CASUAL (AS AND WHEN REQUIRED)
SALARY:£8.94 PER HOUR
LOCATION: ALL CAMPUSES
(There will be a requirement to travel to other campuses)
REPORTS TO: LEARNING SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR
The Learning Support Assistant will contribute to the development of learning support services within an educational context and will have responsibility for assisting students with special learning difficulties and or disabilities. He/she will be required to undertake a range of tasks associated with supporting activities of learners on a variety of programmes. In particular to be responsible for the supervision of students and responding to individual learning, social, behavioural and possible care needs.
* This is an application to the Permanent Casual Learning Support Register. Applicants have the potential to be offered up to 36 hours per week during term time. Student requirements are confirmed at beginning of the Academic year at which point employees are given an indication of their hours for that incoming Academic year.
1.A minimum of five passes at GCSE Level or equivalent.
2.A British Sign Language qualification.
3.A current First Aid qualification.
4.An ICT qualification.
5.Currently qualified in manual handling techniques.
6. A minimum of one year’s experience of working with young people or adults in a support environment.
7. Experience of manual handling or be willing to undertake the necessary training
8. Awareness of ethical issues relating to disability.
9. Experience in maintaining records.
Other Essential Criteria
10. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information regarding applicants with disabilities).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than: 4:00pm on Friday 23rd November 2018
To apply for this post please visit our site by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.