Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 6 days ago
Java Applications Developer
This is developer position requiring a candidate with core Java technical skills.
The main responsibility will be development and maintenance of components of Exception Master Central (XMC) system, focussing on the User Interface and middleware components.
These are high profile projects and will require a strong focus on communication, sound technical skills, and the ability to deliver to demanding and challenging time schedules
Interaction will be required with a global development team comprising of Business Analysts and developers across different sites globally; Belfast, Kiev (Ukraine), Manila, New York and Tampa(Florida). Support in packaging and implementation across the different environments will be required and aiding and supporting the user acceptance testing phase
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a team working for one of the world’s largest Financial institutions in support of Information Services Group systems.
The Information Services Group is the custodian of Citi’s assets: Products, Pricing and Accounts.
Within this area there are a number of Reference Data systems, key applications which service clients across all Citi business areas. Each application has a distinct and vital purpose in the daily collection, manipulation using business rules and distribution of business critical information on a global scale.
The XMC application, for which this position is available, is the centralised Exceptions master central; reconciliation and other business generated exceptions are stored in XMC for each business group to view and “clean” each exception.
XMC application is a J2EE web based application connecting to an Oracle 11g database with an ETL (Ab initio) processing layer.
It is a high volume, high performance, resilient, 24×7 platform serving global clients.
• Aid in the development of the XMC Application, for the UI and batch processing modules
• Perform unit testing and debugging with proper documentation to application standards,
• Keep up to date with new technologies and their possible use within ISG
• Work closely with other team members, onsite and remote to ensure consistent approach to development is used within the application.
• Engage in post-implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design, features, and functionality
• Evaluate hardware and software, ensuring set up appropriately
• Conduct root cause analysis and resolve data or code-related problems,
• Provide ongoing maintenance and production support of Java code and integration solutions, Consult with multiple technical teams
• Coordinate with managers to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
• Develop and implement major changes in systems design, methodology or programming procedures
• Possess an expert level of understanding of the principles of applications programming
• Have advanced understanding of main system flows supported by group
• Manage process for technical issue escalation; prioritise technical issue resolution within the group
• Provide Support during Application releases
• Opportunity to deliver in a challenging role to business users and technology partners across multiple locations
• Personal development through enhancement of business and technical skills and potential career advancement
With reward and recognition based on merit, opportunities throughout the organisation can exist for staff with the ability and determination to succeed
• Intermediate level of experience in an Application Development role with commensurate technology experience
• Proven proficiency in dealing with complex technical issues across all aspects of the project lifecycle
• Sound knowledge of development methods aimed at providing solutions for users, adding value and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Experience of medium or large-scale commercial projects
• Experience of a structured development lifecycle
• Experience of working in a demanding and results driven, time critical environment
• Flexibility in working with individuals and teams across multiple time zones
• Ability to work on own initiative (self-starter) and within a tight knit team
• Investment Banking or financial services knowledge is desirable but not essential
• Extensive years of hands-on experience with J2EE in a fast-paced, technically-challenging environment,
• Extensive years of experience in application development esp. on UI development will be beneficial
• Experience of working with relational databases, preferably Oracle
• Experience in Core Java development using Spring/Hibernate
• Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with internal teams both onshore and offshore
• Experience of JMS and parsing of XML messages
• Experience of source control tool /environment (preferably SVN or Bitbucket)
• Experience of scheduling tools (preferably AutoSys)
• Investment Banking Experience
• Experience in JSF, Angular JS and hibernate
• Knowledge of Continuous integration tools like Jenkins will be a plus
• Unix experience; file navigation, manipulation and file transfer protocols
• Accuracy and Attention to Detail
• Analytical Ability
• Teamwork Skills
• Communication Skills
• Drive and Determination
• Relationship Building
Candidate must be quality-oriented with a proven history of delivering efficient, robust and flexible solutions in a demanding, complex and tightly controlled environment.
Resilience – overcome obstacles, maintain effective behaviour in difficult situations in order to achieve goals
There is always a better way – seek opportunities for improvement and innovation
• Excellent academic record.
• 3rd level qualification is essential.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer