Terex are expanding and are recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to be based at our Global Business Services site in Lurgan. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is at the forefront of IT technology.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Terex are expanding and are recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to be based at our Global Business Services site in Lurgan. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is at the forefront of IT technology and can offer excellent long term career and personal development.
The Infrastructure Engineer role will report to the Global Infrastructure Operations Manager and will be responsible for providing a robust Infrastructure service to all Terex locations globally. They will administer the public cloud and on prem environments to provide consistent and resilient authentication and infrastructure services globally. They will participate ongoing continuous improvement efforts for IT Infrastructure and global projects as required. Contribute to the design, planning, implementation and documentation of Terex Standards and IT Policies for Infrastructure systems as part of a globally dispersed infrastructure team.
- Develop, automate and maintain the build of Amazon Web Services (AWS) components, and operating systems
- Assist in automation of infrastructure provisioning, configuration, continuous monitoring, audit logging, etc
- Implement monitoring solutions, and respond to alerts and issue as required
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and identifying areas for improvement – such as security, containerization, server-less, micro services, service discover, and continuous integration/delivery
- Migrate existing databases/servers from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Support the development and management of the core IT Infrastructure and manage the optimization of key processes related to the use of the systems.
- Ensure that effective capacity planning and configuration management is maintained for the infrastructure environment.
- Drive excellence in AWS (Amazon Web Services) operations and migrations.
- Manage Monthly OS Patching and Application updates on all managed systems the team is responsible for.
- Provide input to both tactical and strategic business cases and presentations to support the GIOS IT function.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for SOX & global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that related documentation and processes are up to date and managed in accordance with Terex IT / Finance policies & procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to upholding and representing Terex’s diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion policies/agenda in all business and client dealings.
- Maintenance of a centralized IT document repository to support the operational efficiency of the wider GIOS IT team.
Level of education desirable:
- Degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Professional Certification Exams – MCSE, MCITP, AWS (SysOps/SA)
- Experience may be considered in lieu of requirements above
- Five years’ experience of managing an Enterprise Active Directory, VMWare and associated Back Office & Wintel systems.
- Experience of AWS or Public Cloud (ie. Google Cloud Platform GCP).
- Demonstrable experience of participating in or managing successful infrastructure projects.
- Experience in system testing desirable, including documentation.
- Knowledge of data protection and other related compliance legislation.
- Significant experience of infrastructure planning and service delivery is required.
- Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in difficult situations and work with application teams, business customers, and various levels of management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work well with people from many different cultural backgrounds, different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience over geographically dispersed locations.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, ensure all interested parties are kept informed of progress and deliver solutions.
- Planning and priority setting capability.
- Strong research techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time depending on assigned business and project initiatives.
To apply for this role please click the link below or visit the following website //terex-uk.jobs/ and select the relevant role from our website. Applicants must complete the relevant application form.
All applicants must demonstrate through their application form how they meet the criteria for the position applied for. We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th November 2018
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.