Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent, Temporary full-time, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary See description
Updated 14 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for ICT Support Officer based in Newry.
POST REF: SSRC18/94
POST: ICT SUPPORT OFFICER
DURATION: TEMPORARY (UNTIL 31ST JULY 2019)
HOURS: 36 HOURS PER WEEK
GRADE: BAND 3 NJC 14 – 17
SALARY: £16,781 – £17,772 PER ANNUM
LOCATION: NEWRY CAMPUS
(There will be a requirement to travel to other campuses.)
REPORTS TO: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
The post-holder will provide technical, workshop and laboratory assistance to lecturers in support of the education and training of students and trainees within all curricular areas. The post-holder will also be expected to provide technical assistance to administrative and managerial staff using the College network and Management Information Systems. The post holder will ensure that associated workshops, offices, IT Laboratories, IT Mobile Unit and Outreach Centres are fully functional and are organised and maintained in a safe working condition.
1. A minimum of a level 4 (or higher) qualification in ICT or in an ICT related area.
2. A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
3. A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or equivalent.
4. A minimum of 1 years’ relevant experience (within the last 3 years) in providing hands-on IT support in a Client Server environment within a business or educational setting.
5. Experience with Windows 10 administration within a Windows client server network.
Other Essential Criteria
6. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than:4:00pm on Monday 19th November 2018
To apply for this post please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our site.
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.