Seeking an experienced HR Administrator for an immediate start for our busy Lurgan transport depot! Exciting opportunity within a newly established global cold-chain network!
AGRO Merchants Group was founded in January 2013. Along with its financial partner, Oaktree Capital Management, we are a Top 4 Global temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company with 7.5 million cubic meters (264 million cubic feet) of temperature-controlled space and 1 million pallets of storage capacity.Our modern and most international network comprises of 63 facilities in strategic locations across the U.S, UK, Austria, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Australia, Brazil, Chile and the Netherlands.
AGRO Merchants coldstores are equipped with conventional, mobile racking, automated storage & retrieval systems and other types of infrastructure depending on the product and supply chain requirements. Handling solutions also include manual, semi-automated and fully automated processes such as layer picking, voice picking, etc.
Utilizing leading-edge technologies and infrastructure, resources and expertise across different sectors of the food industry, we establish the most effective process for each individual product, in many instances we customize imported products for local or regional forward distribution, prepare goods for export to other countries or support manufacturing in order to simplify our customer’s supply chain.
Our employees are at the core of our business and our most valued stakeholders. Our employees are guided by our Values (Openness, Respect, Trust, Determination, & Responsiveness) in our daily work life to prove ourselves to other employees, our customers and industry partners every day.
About the Role:
- Own and manage the employee filing system ensuring documents are appropriately scanned, labelled, and in the correct employee files.
- Responsible for adding, updating and removing employee information from the relevant systems, ensuring that the information is accurate & up to date (Manpack, Web Services, Payroll, HRIS)
- Own and manage the full recruitment & selection process for the transport operations (drivers, transport planners, office admin) to include: job advertising, liaising with agencies, short-listing, inviting & interviewing, candidate selection, declining unsuccessful candidate and providing feedback, issuing employment offers, conducting proof of right to work checks and requesting references.
- Support and accompany managers in disciplinary, grievance, sickness management and performance management exercises – produce invite letters (and evidence where appropriate), act in the capacity of a minute taker, draft outcome letters.
- Coordinate with the Driver Training Department to ensure that pre-employment assessments are conducted prior to an employment offer (drivers, shunters).
- Issue new hire starter documents (including contract of employment) and complete the HR induction & training process with each new starter.
- Produce weekly departmental KPI’s indicating headcount, FTE, turnover and, short term and long-term sickness/absence.
- Oversee the driver apprenticeship scheme
- Champion the Health and Wellbeing initiative, organise training, events, information and support programs to employees
- Carry out the exit interview process for the transport operations, log feedback and provide the HRM with a breakdown. Scan and file all documentation.
- Identify improvements in work processes, promoting continuous improvement. Raise suggestions for improvement with HRM.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as instructed by the HRM or Management Team.
About the person:
- Ideally 2 years experience in an HR Admin or similar role
- Previous involvement in recruitment and selection activities
- 3rd level education essential (CIPD qualification or working towards desirable)
- Proven ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role
- Working knowledge of NI Employment Legislation and best practice. ROI knowledge/experience desirable
- Strong background in employment relations
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and ongoing change
- Demonstrable experience in problem-solving with a solutions focussed viewpoint
- Previous experience in transportation/logistics/manufacturing highly desirable
AGRO Merchants are an equal opportunities employer