Excellent opportunity for Housekeeper based in Belfast.
We’re Student Roost. An owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. We’re not quite the new kids on the block, having already created a portfolio of over 17,000 beds and ambition to increase that further in the near future; but we’re at the very beginning of building our brand, our culture and our DNA. That makes it a really exciting time to join us.
We’re already a team made up of really great people and we’re a business who will endeavour always to do the right thing, in the right way – truly putting students’ experience, welfare and safety at the top of our agenda.
We’ve all heard ‘if you build it…they will come’; we believe if you build it right, they will stay: that goes for both our customers and our people. We want to be a stable, welcoming and safe backdrop to our customer’s entire time at University, giving them one less thing to worry about. And for our people, we all spend more time at work than we do with our loved ones, we think it’s only right that you do that in an organisation, environment and a team that you love being a part of.
Our Housekeepers work alongside the wider team to ensure a clean and sparkly environment, for our customers. Our properties are our shop window and the Housekeepers role is responsible for maintaining consistently high standards of cleanliness, looking after our residents needs and maintaining a polite and courteous attitude. Our teams don’t ever walk past a problem and this is particularly important for our Housekeepers, who ensure our properties are inviting, well maintained and safe. You’ll spend a lot of your day meeting our customers and really influencing their experience with us.
This position is part time working 17 hours a week on a rota basis which will include weekends.
SAFETY, WELFARE & COMPLIANCE
- Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation.
- Develop an understanding within your respective area for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your colleagues understand why we perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked.
- Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices.
- Support the management team in our Ground Truth audits, recording and evaluating our performance against important health and safety measures.
- Ensure all work undertaken is carried out strictly in accordance with supervisory instruction.
- Making sure all assigned areas are clean, neat and tidy (office spaces, communal areas including common room and communal kitchens).
- Performing all cleaning tasks to the highest standard.
- Provide a high quality cleaning service that includes tasks such as vacu-uming, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces.
- Being able to use equipment safely and efficiently.
- Take responsibility for assessing additional housekeeping during peak seasons.
- Tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
- Reporting maintenance and health and safety concerns
- Act as the eyes and ears for the Property Manager for issues throughout the properties and ensure they are reported as required promptly and professionally.
- Take a proactive approach to ensure that the developments are maintained to very high standards.
- Take responsibility for the stock held at the property.
- Conduct regular assessments of stock levels and work with the Assis-tant Manager to ensure stock levels are correct and items are procured in line with budget and preferred suppliers.
Representing Student Roost
- Ensure customer retention is at the top of your mind at all times, ensuring every interaction you have with our customers is a positive one, that makes a difference to their day.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE BEFORE
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment.
- Experience of working in an environment in support of the main busi-ness function.
- Awareness of Health & Safety practice and the need for safe methods of working.
- Experience of working in facilities management.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT/KNOWN FOR
- Excellent attention to detail and cleaning to a high standard.
- Personable and easy to communicate with, well-liked by everyone.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances.
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business.
- Inclusive of others, non-judgmental, fair.
- Highly organised, on time, well-presented.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE?
- You’ll be on your feet much of the day, all of our properties are multi-storey and there may be occasions when the lifts are not in action or suitable for use. It’s a physically demanding role.
- This is a role of competing priorities and as a seasonal operation, there are times of year when workloads may spike or unplanned incidents will take over. The role requires someone highly organised, but someone who is calm and pragmatic in their response to changes.
- Despite solid planning, short-notice work may be required of you.
- Unpredictable pattern of activity, no two days are the same and this role would be more suited to someone who can operate effectively in a highly-varied environment.
- Frequent exposure to difficult circumstances involving customers and/or people. There is a known increase in mental health challenges for the student population and whilst we will provide all the tools, training and support necessary, we recognise everyone is different and there may be a more profound or lasting effect on some of our people.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV