Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 days ago
Briggs people are different. We are passionate about our customers and dedicated to providing the best service and support in the materials handling industry. Due to continued expansion of our business we require a “HGV Driver”.
To deliver and collect machines to and from customer sites and carry out customer service activities to meet customer requirements and completion formalities.
1. Deliver and off-load new, used and rental machines to customer sites to meet delivery schedules and obtain receipt documentation.
2. Discuss and record customer queries about the supply of the machine, dealing with them on site or reporting them upon return to depot for attention by supervisor.
3. Conduct handover procedures for new and warranty used equipment to gain formal customer acceptance of delivered machine specification and commissioning instructions.
4. Provide basic guidance about machine operation and safety features to customer’s operator or proper representation to inform the customer of variations against industry accepted designs and discharge Briggs responsibilities.
5. Load part exchanged equipment, dealing with machine operational defects, so that the unit can be delivered back to the Briggs depot.
6. Load returned rental machines, visually inspecting and recording machine defects so that recovery of damage charges can be made.
7. Undertake machine demonstrations of driving operation and example work situations to promote the sale of the machine.
8. Deliver and recover rental Arial access equipment ensuring proper instruction to users to enable safe and effective use.
9. Complete all documentation required for the driving of HGV to ensure compliance to regulations and internal management information.
10. Inspect, maintain and clean allocated vehicle to ensure its safe, efficient and presentable operation.
11. Participate in yard duties when required.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
A License to drive counterbalance and reach trucks is desired.
HGV class 1, (C+E) essential with proven experience.