Location UK / Portadown Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 17 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for a Head of Procurement (Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Stock Control) based in Portadown
Head of Procurement (Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Stock Control)
Joining McMullen Facades limited, working for Director of Operations.
You will be responsible for procurement budget of circa £20 million per annum. You are responsible for complete oversight and management of all aspects of purchasing and stock control looking to maintain schedule, improve product costs while maximizing margins. The position strategically manages, coordinates and facilitates implementation of improved processes, systems and policy in all areas related to procurement and stock control
The post holder will:
1. Direct, manage and monitor departments which will include buying, purchasing and stock control with emphasis on, cost control, service and quality.
2. Lead the initiative to develop and implement world class practices, which will include best-in-class strategic sourcing practices, and procurement systems capabilities.
3. Provide subject matter expertise in strategic sourcing, procurement systems and contract negotiation with suppliers. This will include the identification of new low cost markets for goods and services that will provide strategic benefit in cost, quality, responsiveness and continuity.
4. Ensure vendors are appropriately identified, selected, introduced, developed and maintained
5. Ensure that materials are optimized by cost, quality, and reliability
6. Ensure on-time ordering of requirements to meet business needs
7.Set procurement process, policies and guidelines
8.Develop an effective & optimized inventory management system
9.Work cross functionally to identify cost negotiation and pricing opportunities for margin improvement
10.Stay informed of market conditions affecting costs and product availability
11.Evaluate price trends and product availability for cost improvement
12.Monitor, plan and negotiate expiring supplier price agreements to prevent margin erosion and maximize performance
13.Manage bid process inclusive of defining specifications, identifying and qualifying vendors; explaining requirements; studying and evaluating proposals; negotiating price, terms, awarding and terminating contracts.
14.Maintain confidentiality of the bid process as well as a professional working relationship with vendors
15.Meet purchasing and contracts financial objectives by costing forecasted requirements; producing monthly contract expense information for the projects, analysing variances; initiating corrective actions; managing purchase orders and processing payments
16.Oversee a fully functional live-stock system and integrated warehouse.
17.Develop a supplier performance strategy including monthly KPI’s and dashboard
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
The closing date is 22nd November 2018.
Applicants are advised to apply early, because McMullen Facades reserves the right to close the job before the closing date.