The main purpose of this role is lead the operational delivery of multiple programmes and drive opportunities for growth.
About PwC Operate
PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including: Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Augment and Redress and Claims Management.
We have almost 1,100 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
The Head of Operations will lead our largest pillar, Financial Crime. Working alongside our Financial Crime SME Director, the main purpose of this role is to strengthen the leadership team in an operation that continues to experience significant growth and success by leading the operational delivery of multiple complex programmes and drive opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the set up and operational delivery of multiple large scale complex programmes to deliver relevant, cost effective and process efficient solutions that meet client needs and objectives.
- Understand regulatory requirements (and changes on the horizon) and ensure business is prepared for these along with exploiting any business opportunities to come from these.
- Build and maintain an agile framework and structure to service large scale client programmes with metrics and a reporting framework to accurately articulate performance to clients, ensuring all programmes meet with contractual obligations and standards as well as budget and timescales, enhancing the reputation of Operate, PwC and the Client through efficient and high quality service.
- Develop capacity and capability to deliver a highly skilled, high performing, efficient and sustainable workforce by working collaboratively with enablement teams (resourcing, recruitment, capability and development and people and performance).
- In conjunction with team managers assume responsibility for quality, risk and governance and seek ways to continually improve processes, driving efficiencies and automating processes through the use of technology where possible.
- Maximise internal networks globally, promoting the success and potential of your pillar and wider business.
- Identify and target opportunities in the market and support pitches and the pursuit of opportunities through to successful sales.
- Network within target industry sectors and be aware of their trends and issues, building relationships with key decision makers in prospect clients and being visible at relevant events.
- Personally maintain strong professional relationships with key client stakeholders to ensure overall health of the account and act as a point of escalation where required.
- Inspire those around you to think broadly and laterally, leverage the combined capability of the Operate team and constantly challenge the status quo with pragmatic solutions.
- Handle conflict sensitively but firmly, providing leadership and resilience in equal measure.
- Contribute to the wider Operate business through collaboration with colleagues, owning or sponsoring key initiatives and reinforcing the Operate culture.
- A degree qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of operating at director or senior management level within a large scale complex operations environment, preferably within the professional services or managed services sector.
- Evidence of using technology, automation and process change to drive transformation and efficiency.
- Demonstrable success as a senior leader and of managing and developing large high performing teams.
- A track record of success setting up and running operations, demonstrating strategic outlook, commercial acumen and business planning.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Experience within the banking and/or financial services sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime.
- Effective leadership skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships
- Ambitious and passionate
- Driven by success
- High level of computer literacy
The role will be based in Belfast but must be able to undertake occasional travel where required whilst at the same time withstanding the rigours of what will be a high profile position within the organisation.
Remuneration and Reward
This position is a key appointment in the business and accordingly attaches a significant level of responsibility and opportunity.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate including a market leading base salary and benefits.
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion about the role before applying please contact Beth Considine on 07561788916 (no recruitment agencies please).
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th November 2018 at 5.00pm.