Excellent opportunity for a General Manager SMC NI based in Dundonald
JOB TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER SMC NI
REPORTING TO: GROUP BOARD
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the performance of the company, as dictated by the board’s overall strategy. He/She will report to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis with KPI’s and Company updates. This role encompasses the devising and implementing of the company’s growth strategy and setting revenue expectations, assosicated costs and profit targets for the company plus monitoring of key performance indicators / Quality Mangament system / Customer and Field Service deliverables.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Developing strategic sales plans to meet or exceed sales & profitability targets consisitently
- Ensure Field Service Engineering targets are met
- Controlling Invoicing, Salaries and overheads in line with budgets
- Building and maintaining an effective Customer Focused and QMS aware team
- Assuming full accountability for the board for all company operations and development plans
Key Capabilities and Tasks Required
- Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress, using KPI’s, against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments, supplier, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range of quality of services and products.
- Develop and maintain programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront our choosen marketplace. Ensure we apply the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retain our competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that Sales targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider marketplace.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities and Quality Management policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Oversee the preparation of a quarterly and annual report for approval by the board.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Maintain Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services will be provided for customers.
- Accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system
- Ensuring that the quality policy and qualityobjectives are established for the quality management system and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the organisation
- Ensure the integration of the quality management system requirements into the organisation business processes.
- Promote the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Ensure that the resources needed for the quality management system are available.
- Ensure that the quality management system achieves its intended results.
- Engage, direct and support persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system
- Promote improvement.
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
Key Areas that the General Manager should have or look to develop:
- Business Acumen. Being able to bring a business and economic perspective to everyday activities.
- Adaptive Thinking. Coming up with creative and innovative solutions that are not rule-based.
- Computational Thinking. Being able to translate vast amounts of data into useful information.
- Political Savvy. Understanding the political environment and culture within which you are working.
- Transdisciplinary Competency. Knowing how to integrate knowledge and concepts across different areas of expertise.
- Collaboration. Knowing and being able to leverage institutional resources and working with others.
- Critical Thinking. Being able to identify and challenge the assumptions underlying actions and inactions.
- Competitive based salary
- Annual performance bonus
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV