Your key responsibilities
- Work on client engagement teams, carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volume of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management systems, business intelligence reporting and visualisation software
- Work with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and adversarial situations
- Work in our specialist forensic technology data analytics labs and onsite to help clients leverage knowledge from their data for measurement of the following: fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime and other forms of non-compliant activities including behavioural patterns
- Work to support clients and fraud examiners on the benefits of forensic data analysis and how it can be applied to their issues
- Support, develop and mentor junior colleagues as a point of knowledge within the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience of data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills
- Experience in a Data Analytics role (ideally within a consultancy environment)
- Experience of handling large data volumes (incl. efficiency and scalability concepts)
- Experience in data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL (SQL Server), SAS, and SPSS
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
- Understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, PHP, VB; or programming languages such as Java, C++, C#
- Availability to travel to client locations in the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bank remediation – proactive, data-driven, outbound redress. Familiarity with building and operationalising automated case processing platforms to remediate large customer populations in retail banking. Ideally with Mortgage and Unsecured Lending experience
- Relativity review platform
- Degree qualified with a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.