Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
To provide an effective maintenance and repair service throughout the Company to minimise breakdowns and down time and maximise operating efficiencies.
Decora’s calibre and over 35 years history are described through the company’s products. With the development, the corporate strategies and the attention the company has paid to new technology, the blinds created by Decora can be truly appreciated by observing the amount of time and thought put into each product.
Supplying a wide range of systems, componentry and made to measure blinds, Decora can offer exclusive and distinctive blind products to trade customers who demand the very best. These venerable, specialized services offer customers the opportunity to receive a reliant service by delivering the latest innovations in the blind market.
Continually investing in training and technology, Decora have been awarded the ISO 9001 quality standard, ISO 14001 environmental standard and have been recognised as Investors in People.
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Shift: Days- Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all Company buildings and utilities.
• Carry out routine maintenance on all Company facilities. A/C, air compressors, fire alarm, emergency lighting, order picker batteries, lights, power, heating, plumbing, joinery etc.
• Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and Company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
• Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
• Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
• Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
• Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
• Carry out all minor mechanical & plumbing, joinery repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
• Carry out modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
• Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
• Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. Calibration of measuring equipment.
• Minor troubleshooting & maintenance of office equipment if required.
• Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
• Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
• Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
• P.A.T testing.
• Install electrical work.
• Visit our Birmingham site for repairs and installation work on facilities and machinery.
• Any other reasonable duties or project work which may be required by management from time to time.
• Time served electrician, 17th edition
• Experience of working as a Facilities Technician, carrying out repairs to all building facilities
• P.A.T. testing
• Minor plumbing
• Minor joinery
• Electrical Installations
• Electrical qualification
• Relevant mechanical engineering qualification e.g. NVQ, ONC, OND, Engineering
• Experience of inspections and testing
Please forward your CV and covering letter, which demonstrate how the above criteria are met, through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Closing date: Friday, 16th November 2018.
Please note: candidates of FT/06.18 and FT/08.18 need not apply.