Excellent opportunity for Estate Manager based in Belfast.
Position: Estate Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Employer: Titanic Quarter Ltd (The Company)
To provide comprehensive and professional day-to-day management of the Company’s commercial property portfolio and the Titanic Quarter Estate.
This will comprise all matters in relation to lease activity, such as assignments, sub-lettings, tenant alterations, health & safety, and including service charge budget preparation, managing service charge expenditure and liaising with contractors, clients and tenants as regards all aspects of Estate operations.
- Management of the day-to-day operation of the Estate, liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, tenants, and statutory organisations
- Manage and implement all matters relating to leases such as assignments / sub-lettings, rent reviews, lease renewal negotiations, dilapidations etc
- Ensure tenants are compliant with their lease obligations and lease covenants
- Carry out routine monthly property inspections with regular inspections of all parts of the Estate
- Assist in the collection of tenant arrears
- Establish and maintain good relationships with tenants, through provision of both a proactive and responsive service, and attend tenant meetings as required
- Prepare service charge budgets for the Company’s property portfolio and the Titanic Quarter Estate and monitor against actual expenditure
- Tender and/or obtain quotes from contractors and suppliers and negotiate the works packages, agree expenditure with the Commercial Director and instruct the works ensuring the issuing of requisite permits, permissions and site inductions
- Prepare consent applications and reports for the Company’s Banks and Board as required and deal with any queries raised
- Verify and authorise invoices for goods and services
- Performance evaluation of contract employed staff in conjunction with the Commercial Director
- Any other duties that would reasonably be expected by the Commercial Director
- 3rd level qualification
- Minimum of 4 years property management experience to include a proven track record of managing mixed-use portfolios
- Experience of setting and managing a budget including responsibility for cost controls
- Experience of successfully managing a team, or third-party providers and working as part of a team and across teams
- Ability to work under pressure to strict and exacting deadlines and react quickly and effectively to ad hoc situations
- Strong interpersonal planning, IT and communication skills
- 3rd level qualification in property management or a related discipline
- RICS qualified or equivalent or working towards such qualifications
- Be fully conversant with Qube (or similar) accounting systems
- Full valid driving license with access to a car with suitable insurance for business purposes
Salary and Benefits
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience, including 22 days annual leave, 10 days statutory holidays, pension scheme etc
For more information and to request an application form please click on the Contact Employer button below.