To clean all areas of the care home and on certain shifts carry out Laundry duties.
Location: Marina Care Home, Ballyronan
Job Title: Domestic/Laundry Assistant
Reports to: Home Manager
Job Purpose: To carry out domestic cleaning duties in the Home, and to do so regularly without supervision. To keep the Home’s environment clean, tidy and well maintained.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATION
- Genuine interest in cleaning and a desire to always maintain a neat and tidy environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player.
- Satisfactory POVA check against the Disqualification from Working with Vulnerable Adults (DWVA) List through Access NI.
- Relevant knowledge on COSHH.
- Experience of working within a similar sector
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out all aspects of cleaning as required.
- To mop, vacuum and polish as necessary to ensure all floors are clean.
- To carry out carpet cleaning as required.
- To clean and tidy bathroom and toilet areas as required.
- To polish furniture and fittings as required.
- To clean and polish windows interiors, window ledges and doors regularly.
- To replenish toilet rolls, soap and paper towels and provide feedback on stock levels as necessary.
- Participate in Staff and Resident meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on of off site, as and when required.
Health and Safety:
- Report immediately to the Nurse manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Nursing Home’s Health and Safety Policy, and Emergency and Fire procedure.
- Report to the Nurse Manager or Maintenance person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Nursing Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Nursing Home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Nurse manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Nursing Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.