We are now recruiting a Development Team Lead for our IT dept in Dungannon
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our IT Development team based in Dungannon. We are seeking to recruit a full time Development Team Leader, who will guide, support, develop and lead our current development team, in supporting the company’s existing software systems and the delivery of a challenging and exciting programme of work across multiple sites within the Dawn Meats Group.
Reporting directly to an IT Programme Director, you will be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and management skills and will promote and maintain communication and teamwork within the development team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the inhouse software development team;
- Planning and scheduling development activities for the team in line with project deadlines;
- Coach and mentor other members of the development team to assist with their ongoing development;
- Engage with Project Managers and other business stakeholders to ensure expectations are effectively managed;
- Provide technical direction to rest of the development team;
- Provide input into multiple change approval boards to provide technical direction for requested changes;
- Provide weekly updates to senior project managers on development progress and support issues;
- Hands on software development using SDLC processes;
- Allocating and overseeing the resolution of support tickets escalated to the development team; and
- Plan and provide out of hours support for key operational systems.
The post holder will lead the Development team as they work to support current software systems and deliver the IT Programme of work.
- Educated to degree level in an IT discipline with 5+ years’ experience in a software development role;
- Previous experience of managing a team of developers in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Previous experience of liaising effectively with senior stakeholders on software development activities;
- Experience of software development using both waterfall and agile techniques;
- Proven knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, SSIS, SSRS, .Net; and
- Previous experience of largescale data warehouses, including the design and maintenance of ETL jobs.
- Previous experience of IT within an FMCG/manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience in Database Administration for MS SQL Server; and
- Experience in reporting/dashboard technologies, specifically Qlikview and/or Microsoft Power BI.
All candidates must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet demand. This role will be based at Dunbia Group headquarters in Dungannon but may require occasional travel to our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
Applications must be submitted via CV, with covering letter to the above email address demonstrating how the above criteria are met. Closing date for receipt of applications is 1pm on Friday, 16 November 2018.