Excellent opportunity for Design Engineer based in Belfast.
Company Overview: Overlander Vehicles, part of the Hireco Group, is a fast-growing company that manufactures high quality commercial & leisure vehicles.
Location: Belfast – flexible travel will be required
Title: Design Engineer
- Candidate will be responsible for leading and developing production programs and products while controlling costs, lead times & specifications.
- Candidate will be required to carry out regular Design Reviews and undertake Risk and Mitigation management.
- The candidates must have a broad knowledge of mechanical engineering and be able to identify the best technical and pragmatic solutions to design problems.
- Current technical drawings on existing designs will require to be reviewed and updated/adapted as necessary, whilst complying with industry standards and regulations.
- Support on manufacturing and production queries.
- Identify all tools and fixtures required to manufacture the product to the specifications and tolerances required.
- Work to drive efficiency advances by innovating on assembly & manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrate that the manufacturing process selection has delivered in terms of costs, quality and Lead times.
- Deal with Type Approval applications and queries on existing and new products.
- Produce design concepts using a range of 3D software packages and 2D production drawings.
- Be responsible for design, development from concept, tooling, testing, production, BOM creation and customer liaison.
- Liaise with customers, internal and external, act as an ambassador for Overlander at all times.
- Travel when necessary for design reviews, customer meetings, etc.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 3 year’s relevant engineering experience
- A deep understanding of key engineering principles of material selection, mechanics, fluid transfer, heat transfer, assembly techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Experience designing mechanical mechanisms, systems and structures.
- Proactive, good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software.
The successful candidate will enjoy the full life cycle of a product from initial specification to production.
You will have experience of working in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy watching designs go to market.
A competitive salary package for this above role will be offered based on experience.
Please Apply in confidence please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV
Closing Date: 5th December 2018