Excellent opportunity for a Commis Chef based in Belfast
Hastings Hotels are now offering an amazing opportunity for an exceptional hospitality professional to apply for the position of Commis Chef.
Vacancy Title: Commis Chef
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Belfast
Key Duties will include:
- Assisting the chefs in all kitchen duties.
- Providing the highest standards of preparation and presentation for guests’ needs and ensuring hotel standards are met.
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking.
- Preparing food for service as instructed by senior chefs.
- Cooking menu items in co-operation with the kitchen brigade.
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensuring all equipment and materials are used in the correct manner and any problems are reported immediately.
- Maintaining the security of stock areas, immediately reporting any breaches.
- Responding to complaints and finding the appropriate solution.
- Complying with all health, safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Working effectively with colleagues to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
You will have:
- NVQ Level 1 (or an equivalent qualification) in catering.
- A recognised food hygiene certificate.
- Previous experience at a similar level gained within a high quality catering operation is desirable
- This is an exciting yet demanding role requiring an individual who can deliver a standard of service synonymous with the Hastings brand.
The Commis Chef role is a full-time position with a competitive salary on offer.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering letter of application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing Date: 14th November 2018