Location UK / Belfast
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
Cloud presents exciting and disruptive opportunities for both our clients and ourselves. We are looking for people who embrace change to join our team and bring us an ever greater breadth and depth of expertise.
Technology change is pervasive. Every business is a technology business. We help our clients to adopt, integrate and extract maximum value from technology, enabling the business of tomorrow. TS&A exists to guide our clients along that journey, ensuring they are equipped to operate in a rapidly changing environment. We help our clients to Imagine, Deliver and Run the future with cloud technologies. We help our clients to shape their business of technology to exploit new opportunities for value and innovation.
We combine leading technology advisory, transformation and operate capabilities with the deep industry insight and experience Deloitte is known for. We bring together strategic thinking and deep technical knowhow through our Cloud and Business of Technology platforms. TS&A is its people. We bring diverse minds together in a spirit of innovation and problem solving to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
Have you delivered Cloud Infrastructure technology solutions? Do you have experience of working in complex Enterprise environments? Do you want to make an impact that matters and help diverse organisations to adopt Cloud Technologies? Do you want to take the lead in establishing new ways of thinking about IT infrastructure? Do you like a variety or work, and fast paced environments?
Cloud presents exciting and disruptive opportunities for both our clients and ourselves. We are looking for people who embrace change to join our team and bring us an ever greater breadth and depth of expertise. The quality of our technical skills is enhanced through your practical knowledge of Cloud, and our ability to learn from each other.
Our Cloud Transformation group supports our clients by setting the right agenda to transform IT and our clients’ businesses. We execute on our advice, working with colleagues across our firm to lead Cloud Transformation programmes.
We are looking for curious people that can drive technology change as our clients embrace the Cloud.
Candidates for this role should be willing to travel to work alongside our client facing teams.
Your role will focus on providing knowledgeable and well-informed advice and the management and delivery of client engagements. You will have responsibilities for:
• Supporting our clients by providing oversight for the delivery of Cloud Architecture;
• Delivering infrastructure using a highly automated approach in order to accelerate delivery and also make use of existing automation scripts;
• Being aware of relevant regulatory frameworks (for example GDPR, PCI-DSS etc.), the challenges pose, and how these can be typically remediated as part of a Cloud solution;
• Supporting our clients by designing secure, reliable cloud infrastructure;
• Supporting our clients to align their Cloud strategy with the business strategy;
• A good understanding new and leading Cloud technologies and vendors, as well as the industries in which our clients operate;
• Advising our clients on how to optimise their Cloud infrastructure investments;
• Performing and potentially leading activities on Cloud delivery engagements;
• Working on Cloud strategies, plans, designs and business cases to help clients;
• Supporting the continued growth of our business through contributing to propositions, training;
• Marketing, communications and recruitment activities.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte Digital we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Suggested work pattern:
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Cloud and infrastructure technologies – particularly in Amazon Web Services;
• Infrastructure as Code – experience in how Infrastructure is delivered as code, and familiarity with automation frameworks such as Terraform and Ansible;
• Experience in the design and delivery of secure and reliable Cloud infrastructure;
• Assessment of an organisation’s IT infrastructure landscape and development of technology architectures;
• An understanding of how an IT function operates with experience in assessing and designing Cloud target operating models including organisation and process design for Cloud adoption;
• Can work well as part of a wider engagement team and listens to recommendations from other team members and where appropriate incorporates those recommendations in order to deliver the best client solution;
• An understanding of emerging and innovative technologies, and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies;
• A graduate degree or relevant experience.
Additional desirable experience includes:
• Working towards certification in established Cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform);
• Familiarity with industry-recognised methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL);
• Relevant experience – either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, healthcare and education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction