You will handle a variety of motor and home insurance claims from first notification through to settlement.
Reporting To: Claimsafe Teamleader
Status: Full-time / Permanent
Salary: £15-16.5K (negotiable dependant on experience)
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Medical Insurance, Death in Service Provision
Based: Holywood Road, Belfast
Due to our continued expansion Midas Underwriting requires a talented Claims Handler, with proven experience in handling a variety of motor insurance claims from first notification through to settlement to work within our Claimsafe team.
- Handling motor and home insurance claims on behalf of partner brokers.
- Reporting and logging claims correspondence to relevant parties within prescribed timeframes.
- Assisting clients on policy cover, terms and conditions and claims protocol.
- To ensure the department KPI’s are achieved for post handling, telephone handling and claims processing.
- Investigate, process and validate all types of claims but principally motor insurance claims (within a defined level of authority) from customers and other third parties in order to ensure that settlements are achieved promptly, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Maintain paper and computer files and control incoming correspondence
- Prepare files for referral to loss adjusters or other third party agent
- Experience working in a Motor Claims Environment and Cert.CII or working towards same would be beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent team player, organised, pro-active and hands-on with great administration skills and the ability to multi-task.
Please click the APPLY button to forward your CV and a Cover letter.