Location UK / Belfast
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 15 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for a Care Assistant based in Belfast
TO WHOM RESPONSIBLE:
HOME MANAGER/NURSE/ SENIOR CARE ASSISTANT (SCA)
Pay starting from £8.42
OBJECTIVE OF THE HOME:
Our objective in Towell House Residential Home is to establish a loving and Caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide personal care to individual residents of the highest possible standard.
To provide care for the resident under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, trained nursing staff and senior care assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required.
1. Relevant Vocational Qualifications (achieved or working towards)
2. Evidence of having undertaken relevant training (ie moving and handling, health & safety, food hygiene etc.).
1. To act as a key worker for a number of residents. Ensuring that you greet any resident, for whom you are a key worker, on admission to the home and assist them to settle in.
2. To assist the residents in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
3. Responding promptly to call bells.
4. To report any accidents, unexplained injuries or incidents immediately to the nurse in charge.
5. To ensure that residents are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
6.To ensure that residents have any aids e.g. dentures, hearing aids, glasses etc. fitted, cleaned and in working order.
7.To assist in the cleaning of the home as the need arises, to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
8.To adhere to the NISCC code of conduct at all times.
9.Knowing and understanding the Home’s policies and procedures in relation to:
10.Reporting any accidents, incidents, complaints or repairs to the Nurse/ SCA.
11. Participating in recreational and social activities involving residents and accompanying residents, if necessary, on outings.
12. Conforming with the Home’s dress code at all times.
13. Participating in staff induction and training in order to maintain the highest level of service to all residents and to ensure continuation of registration with N.I.S.C.C.
14. Maintaining a flexible approach to the job in order to meet the needs of the Home by undertaking duties outside the “caring” field when required by Management.
This job description is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive,
And will be modified to meet changing need
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO REVIEW IN THE LIGHT OF CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCES AND MAY INCLUDE ANY OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS MAY BE DETERMINED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE JOB HOLDER. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE RIGID AND INFLEXIBLE BUT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS PROVIDING GUIDELINES WITHIN WHICH THE INDIVIDUAL WORKS.
Closing date 21st November 2018
CVs NOT ACCEPTED AND CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
THIS MEMORANDUM SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS CONSTITUTING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
TOWELL HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
AS REGULATED FACILITY APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE AN ENHANCED ACCESS NI CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST. APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE A TRACE ON YOUR ACCESS NI CHECK DOES NOT NECESSARILY DISBAR FROM EMPLOYMENT. EACH CASE IS ASSESSED INDIVIDUALLY.
The Towell Building Trust Ltd has a written policy on the recruitment of ex- offenders. This is available on request from Towell House.
Towell House has a written policy on the Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure information. This is available on request from Towell House.