The successful applicant will be required to provide a professional and efficient Bid Management service for all the elements of projects tendered for Charles Brand, ensuring that the contracts can be secured to meet the overall business and financial objectives of the Company.
Charles Brand Civil Engineering, part of Lagan Specialist Contracting Group is now recruiting for a Bid Manager.
Company: Lagan Construction Limited / Charles Brand
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Rosemount House, Belfast
To provide a professional and efficient Bid Management service for all the elements of projects tendered for Charles Brand, ensuring that the contracts can be secured to meet the overall business and financial objectives of the Company.
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Implement the strategy and development of the Company, ensuring appropiate representation on relevant tender lists within the geographical regions of operation.
- Provide a professional approach to all stages of the bid management process, including, design, estimating, planning, costing, engineering, scheduling, commercial, legal, tender submission & bid negotiation.
- Ensure that the bid is evaluated from ‘first principles’ and presented clearly to Management in terms of method, engineering and ‘build-ability’ by producing an analytical tender accurately reflecting the cost of labour, plant and materials, for both direct and in-direct costs.
- Work and liaise closely with other members of the team, including Contracts Managers in the estimation of contracts, ensuring that the Company’s pricing policies are utilised to optimise profitability.
- Preparation of the tender submission to the requirements of the bid and submittal of the tenders within the specified deadlines.
- Attend/Chair tender meetings to represent the Company and liaise with Clients throughout the process.
- Identification of risks and opportunities (technical, commercial and operational) presented in tabular or matrix format, reviewed and updated throughout the bid process to maximise competiveness.
- Review all tender submissions including unsuccessful bids, ensuring that any problems are identified and solutions proposed and implemented.
- Design coordination, development, challenging, and improvement in conjunction with the team and Designers
- Where applicable, work with and alongside Joint Venture partners ensuring a professional estimating service is provided which meets the Company’s requirements.
- Any other responsibilities as required by the job function, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the business.
What you’ll bring:
As a Bid Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- Third level qualification in a Civil Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum 10years post graduate experience
- Minimum of 3 years bid management, project management, estimating or quantity surveying experience gained within a professional civil engineering environment.
- Exposure to the bid and tender process for civil engineering contracts,
- Experience in delivering and completing technical and commercial submissions for Civil Engineering Contracts.
- Have an excellent track record of achievement within a related role, from a background in Engineering, Site Management or Quantity Surveying.
- The ability to fit in well, work as a team member and have initiative, enthusiasm and good proactive leadership skills
- Good communication skills and positive working attitude towards all stakeholders
- Good operational planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Strong IT skills covering Estimating Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project etc
- Meet deadlines, delegate effectively within the team and work to strict timescales
- Base in NI but occasionally prepared to travel to UK wide for site visit or to meet Clients.
- Chartered Civil Engineer
- Experience of delivering civil engineering projects.
- Good working knowledge of HSEQ issues relevant to the construction industry.
- Achieving Results – Sets clear and appropriate goals that consider the bigger picture
- Analytical thinking and decision making – Rational and systematic analysis of situation to enable decisions on more varied issues
- Communication – Ability to choose most appropriate style of communication
- Dealing with change – Sees potential of new ideas and situations and takes a pragmatic approach to change
- Teamwork – Develop inter-team collaboration inside and outside company
- Leadership – Ability to take control of situations with one’s sphere of influence
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Car Allowance & Fuel Card
- Private Medical Healthcare
At Charles Brand, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please see our company website: www.laganscg.com/careers/current-vacancies/ or send your CV to the human resources department.
We wish you every success in your application.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Friday 16th November 2018
CHARLES BRAND ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER