Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 12 hours ago
Audit Manager - EMEA ICG Technology
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi’s global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi’s Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company’s governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Technology Audit team provides technology audit coverage for the ICG businesses which comprises Capital Markets, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Investor Services, Citi Private Bank and Corporate and Investment Banking. The position is based in Mumbai and will have responsibility for providing technology audit coverage of key systems process in support of the global ICG businesses.
• Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the Bank’s businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
• Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
• Support the global ICG Technology Audit team in centralising and improving global processes and the execution of global audits.
• Effective engagement to develop collaborative senior management relationships with a strong understanding of the ICG global businesses. Utilise knowledge of the key functions under the responsibility of the ICG Technology Centres and develop proposals for effective coverage of these functions at a global level.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. Effectively negotiates on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues and proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal and external stakeholders to develop approaches for addressing broader emerging risks.
• Reviews and approves risk assessments and Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
• Collaborates effectively with other TCTP and business audit teams and helps support them in achieving their objectives.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• University degree or equivalent. Related certifications (Masters, CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Extensive years senior level experience in an audit, risk or business related role with relevant functional and people management experience, and proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of ICG products.
• Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery (or equivalent projects) within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders (e.g. external audit and regulators).
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer